Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your summer goals.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

oh dear :o

I'll add a goal, so I'm not spamming...

-do my driving test

they better clear up that goddamn backlog!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Goals:
    -Lose weight
    -Finally visit Coppers
    -Go to toastmasters
    -Read the massive pile of books in my room
    -Buy more clothes
    -Work alot
    -Piss off round Europe everytime I have 3 days off
    -Go to boards beers
    -Put my political beliefs on paper
    -Write that book whose idea I thought of ages ago and I keep making notes for
    -Get a nice haircut
    -Tone up and get more muscly
    -Get friend to teach me to barfight
    -Put in contacts

- Lose weight (because I'm a radical militant feminist, and a hypocrit)
    You and Pythia apparently. tbh (and this is not flattery) neither of you particularly need to lose weight.

- Find a reliable and consistent source of sex
    Oh Oh Oh Pick me! Pick me! We are so different that you can't possibly get attached to me and we will never run out of stuff to talk/argue about!

:D
    - Do something with my hair (the girls are suggesting dreadlocks, what do we think?)
    No. I like girl's hair to be long and straight.

neither of you particularly need to lose weight.

Probably shouldn't qualify statements like this mate :p Especially not around raging feminists >.< They're feisty! ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I was trying to be sincere and not give them gratuitous compliments. The fact is neither are overweight or unnatractive. If it was a fitness/health thing then fine but for aesthetics neither need it.

EDIT: And, anyway, feminists are the ones who don't wash.

okay then. i am glad that we have cleared this up. i will go now.

*goes*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ooh, add-ons!

- Do something about my tongue. (Why did nobody ever tell me it was obvious? I honestly didn't realise! Ta velly much.)
    - Read Tristram Shandy. (Actually, I think that's enough to do on its own all summer!)
    - Learn to spell good and read good too. (I know you know what I've corrupted.) Actually, getting a clue about basic grammar would be nice. Oh, and learn off the magic sheet!
    - Mess around with different hair colours and find a decent foundation.
    - Do some serious writing.
    - Get new glasses. And prescription sunnies. (I hate you, astigmatism, you and your damn squinty-ness.)
    - De-magnetise myself where weirdos are concerned.

That is all for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Blush_01 wrote:
    - De-magnetise myself where weirdos are concerned.

Hi there ;)

To add:
    *Read the stack of books in my room.
    *Learn some standards
    *Write and draw stuff (general artistic endeavours(what an odd spelling))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Blush_01 wrote:

- Do something about my tongue. (Why did nobody ever tell me it was obvious? I honestly didn't realise! Ta velly much.)

hmmmmmmm...right mine seem preetty normal compared to the rest of you so....

1)Head to Australia (first hols by myself...eeeek!)
    Have fun,meet lots of people,get a tan,buy lots of cheapo clothes,climb ayers rock,meet alf stewart,avoid being eaten bya crocidile etc etc

2) Learn to drive get my drivers licence and buy a car for next year

3)On return from Australia be Limerick number one supporter and see them lift the sam maguire

4)get my head focused for studying more medicine next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

panda100 wrote:
    On return from Australia be Limerick number one supporter and see them lift the sam maguire
    I was about to launch into a ha!-not-likely-if-you-don't-improve-on-yesterday's-four-point-loss-to-Tipp but then I saw the words Sam Maguire... eh, never mind me, Panda. Send me a postcard from Cloud Cuckooland, won't you? :D Meath ftw! :p

Forgot to add in:
    - start visiting the gym again
    ...because I haven't been in months, I spent €170 on a 12-month membership to Crunch, and Google are going to be feeding me for free for the summer so I'm likely to start ballooning a bit. And it's not so much a thing about losing weight as just the need to get into better physical shape because I'm very rusty in that department.

And before I forget it, neither pretty*monster nor Pythia (and sure why not, AngelofFire too) need to lose weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Am I the only girl not dieting for the summer? Feels like it :) Then again, I do want to start swimming again, but I really enjoy that. Meh.

Anyway, new goal:
    - go home! Haven't been home since March. I've seen Mum once since then. I miss my Dad! (even though I talk to him at least every second day)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

New goal to add to list...

As a sign of respect to the new mod I will never again post a post containing sexual innuendo or smut....

Yeah!! Believe that and I'll sell you Temple Bar!! :D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

boneless wrote:
    New goal to add to list...

As a sign of respect to the new mod I will never again post a post containing sexual innuendo or smut....

Yeah!! Believe that and I'll sell you Temple Bar!! :D
    It's not the innuendo or smut, but the constant spam that gets me. The above post counts as spam to me, and I've already deleted some other spammy stuff from you. Three strikes is a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

panda100 wrote:
    climb ayers rock

Please please please don't do this! Sooooo disrespectful. Oh but do go to the neighbours night in Melbourne. You won't meet Alf Stewart but you could meet Harold!

Other goals for the summer:
    - spend more time with my niece.
    - go away as often as possible for romantic weekends.
    - have more girly nights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Oh but do go to the neighbours night in Melbourne. You won't meet Alf Stewart but you could meet Harold!

<snip> Toadie will be there too. Ask him why he's so fat ;)

My goals
    - Improve my surfing
    - Learn how to swing a golf club
    - Sort out my dodgy knee once and for all!
    - Make some money to go away on a last minute holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

* Work for 2 months in snazzy law job
    * Possibly restart rugby training
    * Drink to excess
    * Go to Australia in August
    * Go away with significant other for a week or 2

Advertisement