Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

You guys HAVE to see this!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

Haha - crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Posted already

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

how the hell were there no crashes. Not even bumps.

and the pedrestrians just strolling in between the cars and bikes.

Mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Realise (a) few people will play chicken against a bus (b) probably 100,000+ people die on India's roads every year.

[edit] "Only" 85,000 http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/12May2006_news11.php

http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:WqyNf2ma0p8J:www.globalroadsafety.org/problem.html+road+deaths+india+annual&hl=en&gl=ie&ct=clnk&cd=6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

india is nothing compared to vietnam
    have a look at this vid of Sagion, and yes all of the city is nearly as bad
    http://www.planetvids.com/html/Traffic-In-Saigon.html

Coyote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Traffic In Saigon :eek: :eek: :eek: thats unreal. The funny things is, the traffic keeps moving, maybe we should get a system like their's :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

ando wrote:
    Traffic In Saigon :eek: :eek: :eek: thats unreal. The funny things is, the traffic keeps moving, maybe we should get a system like their's :D
    Ye gods! :eek: :eek: :eek:

You know what they need?
    A roundabout with traffic lights.

That'd put an end to all that 'traffic keeps moving' nonsense. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

ando wrote:

I think their secret is that they manage to fit two people on most mopeds whereas the majority of the cars in our traffic jams have single occupancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Rovi wrote:

You know what they need?
    A roundabout with traffic lights.

Heh, I don't think our European counterparts would even have seen the like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

another good video..

BMW night vision
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3uaTyNWcBI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I've been to Saigon and the traffic is truly mental. But it does move and mopeds can be four-person occupancy! Crossing the road takes a stern constitution, but once you know the way it works, it really does work.

Another thing I noticed is that by and large there's very little in the way of road rage and horns are an essential part of driving that no-one takes offence at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

another good video - would have fitted in nicely with the lady drivers thread..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i have seen this sort of driving in real life.:eek:
    its really different to here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

thats about right...

in india you can overtake on the left (they drive on the same side of road as us) if you beep before you undertake.

And at juctions it seems to operate under the system that whoever gets there first has right for way...

i was in a car when the driver who missed his turn off and did a u-turn on a dual carrageway and drove up the road the wrong way... and no one saw it as a problem....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

isnt it funny they dont all have the right of way and will die if they give an inch like they do here in civilized in ireland.

saw more smarts, courtesy and skill in those videos than all my years driving in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭beanderb4

I've been to India before and that video is mild. Our driver drove in the fast lane of a dual carrigway (one of the few in India) for about twenty minutes - so what you say - well we were in the fast lane of the opposite side going against the traffic - very scarey but normal over there. We saw an overturned bus with people getting out of it, we came across a car which had passed us fifty minutes previously absolutely mangled and to finish it all off we missed killing three guys that were on a Honda 70 by a couple of inches. And that was just six hours on the road!!!!

Its no wonder 70,000 people die on India's roads every year.

Thank your lucky stars you drive in Ireland.

Beanderb4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

jesus h christ, that is insane!!! :eek: Not so much as a bump, either!!!!!

Although that figure of 85,000 sounds appropriate :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

DaveMcG wrote:
    jesus h christ, that is insane!!! :eek: Not so much as a bump, either!!!!!

Although that figure of 85,000 sounds appropriate :p
    yes you are right, its bloody insane
    but its funny

Advertisement