Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks EL action

• 12-05-2006 2:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

[SIZE=1]ELP[/SIZE]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2][SIZE=1]12 May 2006[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Bohemians [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]- [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Bray Wanderers [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=1]7:45[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]St Patrick's Athletic [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]- [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Derry City [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=1]7:45[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Waterford United [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]- [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Dublin City [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=1]7:45[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2][SIZE=1]
    13 May 2006[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Sligo Rovers [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]- [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Drogheda United [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=1]7:45[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2][SIZE=1]EL1
    12 May 2006[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Athlone Town[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2] - [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Finn Harps[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=1] 7:45[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Galway United[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2] - [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Monaghan United[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=1] 7:45[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] 
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2][SIZE=1]13 May 2006[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Kildare County[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2] - [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Limerick FC[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=1] 7:30[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Kilkenny City[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2] - [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]Cobh Ramblers[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=1] 7:30[/SIZE][/FONT]

Thursday (tonight)

Dundalk 0
    Shamrock Rovers 2

Sheppard (20)(64)
    Mahar S/O (70)[2nd bookable offence]

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I can see nothing but another loss for Bray against Bohs. Bray have been simply awful and are showing no signs of improvement at all. If they dont start Zayed there is something seriously wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

St. Pat's LDWWW, Derry WWWWW

Hmmmm take a draw.

Maguire to score 1st and score to be 1-1 ....75-1 .......

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Blu_sonic where you at the game ? Were you apart of the trouble with the rovers fans after it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Sarge, you must be mistaken, there is never trouble with Rovers fans. It was probably all Dundalks fault, but Rovers will be blamed as always :rolleyes:

From what i heard it was both sets of fans. Bad scenes after the game :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sarge wrote:
    Were you apart of the trouble with the rovers fans after it ?
    :rolleyes:
    FFS.

blu_sonic is usually pretty level headed, I wonder what his response will be.

Sums it up tbh

ehheheh

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

More trouble, just what the league didnt need.

As for the weekends games, i just really cant see Bray gettign anything from the game the way we have been playing. We really need to pick it up and soon.2-0 to Bohs.

I think Pats and Derry will be very close and a decent game as well. 1-1

As for Waterford and CHF, CHF havent been playing too badly and i feel they might take something from the RSC tonight, 1-2 to CHF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Bohemians - Bray Wanderers 7:45 ....Home 3-0
    St Patrick's Athletic - Derry City 7:45...Away 0-3
    Waterford United - Dublin City 7:45...Home 2-0

13 May 2006
    Sligo Rovers - Drogheda United 7:45...Away 0-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Went to the St. Pats vs Derry match.

Not much in it and draw was probably fair result.

I doubted Trevor Molloy at the start of the season but he is making me eat my words. He's a different player from the one the last 3/4 seasons. Maybe he's realised he has to cop himself on away from the football and that its time to talke his profession seriously.

Fair play to the Derry sumpporters too. Great Drumming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Wasn't part of it, I wasn't there weekday games are an issue for me (i work).

Though i don't doubt the trouble for an instant, i think you (sarge) were the one telling me how you like to welcome the away fans to oriel? i'm sure if i search for it i can find your post. If it were the Rovers starting the fighting i'd be botherd but i didn't think that many were going up (thursday and all). Any pictures or more info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

From the looks of it it was local Dundalk scum who didnt go to the match that started the trouble. The same thing tends to happen in Drogheda.

There was about 3500 at the game for a first divison match on a thursday night and there was about 700 - 1000 rovers fans id say. It was local scum bags that dont even go to the matches that started the fighting NOT dundalk fans.Obviously rovers fans kicked off then.

What i fear is going to tolka the next time we play , when the rovers fans WILL WANT revenge and the real supporters will be the target not these scum bags that dont even go to the games.

Pats 1 Derry 1

Best game i have seen this season, we were deadly, Derry are deadly (Mc Court just glides by players!)

Molloy was simply awesome again (every game he does that, every game) Hes like reborn with us and has ripped every team we played apart on his own, the downside is when he not there we struggle to create.

Foley and Mulcahy are the hardest midfield in the league :D Both were brilliant last night and Foley gets my MOTM shoulda scored in 2nd half but what do you do.

Molloy hit the bar just after the other Molloy (who doesnt score tap ins) cracked one in from 30 odd yards, then molloy hit the post in the 2nd half with a sweet volley, O Connor was good again last night but needs to learn when to pass/shoota bit more. Nothing came down our right as Anto Murphy is crap and never let Fitzpatrick (our new kid hes gonna be good) get into the game. Fitz was hauled off at half time and Quigly did a bit more but with Murphys Chest and Hump style of play the winger in front isnt going to get much service, unlike our left side with Frost and O Connor.

Sadly we both missed the chance to go top of the league but if we keep playing as we are it will come again......:eek:

Had we went top, we would have been fully deserving....:eek:

/Also Derrys keeper is crap, seriously.

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well surprise surprise Bray get hammered again. This is getting to be a bit of a joke at this stage. Threatening to do a Sunderland. New players are needed badly when the window opens. Shocking stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Ah Dave Forde sure is fond of a howler or two...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Sligo Rovers 0 - 0 Drogheda United
    Drogheda U    9   6   2   1   7   2  20
     Derry City    8   6   1   1  13   4  19
     Cork City     9   5   3   1   8   3  18
     St Pat's A   10   4   5   1  12   5  17
     Shelbourne    8   4   4   0  11   7  16
     Bohemians    10   4   1   5  12  11  13
     Dublin City  10   3   2   5   6   8  11
     Sligo Rvrs   10   2   5   3   7  11  11
     UCD           9   3   1   5  10   9  10
     Longford Tn   8   1   4   3   5   6   7
     Waterford U  10   0   3   7   5  15   3
     Bray Wndrs    9   0   3   6   4  19   3

Lookin' good :)

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Sligo Rovers 0 - 0 Drogheda United

Lookin' good :)

17 points to 20 is doable in Longford next saturday, how about you :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

16 points to 22 in Cork and at home to Bohs is doable! Or just maintaining 16 would be great! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

I would be worried that if word filters out to the scumbags who were banned from rovers that they will wait around after the return game with dundalk. But theres no sence in speculating, it seems non football fans were the cause of it (and obviously there was rovers fans who retaliated, but really who wouldn't?)

Not a football issue IMO an issue for the Garda and maybe Dundalk FC's match day security

• Advertisement
Advertisement