Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Modified Car show in Swords

Options
  • 12-05-2006 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hiya,
    Does anyone know about the modified car show in swords thats taking place on sunday? I heard tickets are €20 in,
    Will the place be red hot?
    Emma

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

Heatwave! Its the first show of the year and its on this sunday. Heres all the details
    svki6r.jpg

Heatwave the ultimate modified car experience is back for its fourth year running, and this year hosts the best line up and modified madness to date. Taking main stage this year is the badest Evo you have ever seen. This 2.2ltr Jun engine’d Sun Auto Cyber Evo dominates every time attack race in Japan, doing an amazing 55.801 second run around the challenging Tsukuba circuit. This 820bhp Evo is sure to get you wet. Next on the list is the AE86 (Corolla) from the new Initial D movie which will make it’s debut at the show along with some genuine Initial D merchandise.

Making its much-awaited debut in Ireland is the Fuel Car Cat Walk, which is the most amazing looking object in the modified car industry at the moment. It will host the cream of Irish modified cars along with the best stage shows money can buy.

Taking centre in the Live Action arena is none other than Steer From the Rear in a brand new show. Yes you heard me right the Steer from the rear display team now consists of three fully tricked S15's making there debut in Ireland. They promise to deliver the best live action show they have ever done, now that’s a challenge. A host of other live action display’s to keep your eyes pealed on the tyre shredding action will accompany them including the Opposite Lock display team with their trick New Show.

The usual attraction's will also be present this year including 150 of Irelands best modified car’s, the best club and cruising websites in the country and you may even be in with a chance of getting a shot of your car in Redline as they are featuring the event in there mag,. As an extra bonus we have some of the countries best Hot Rod's to show us the old skool way. So you can see that All in All it will be a mental day packed full of the best modified car’s, the sexiest women and the maddest live action shows ever seen.......................

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭emma6606

Hey thanks for that !!
    What about the one 100% modified in the RDS in June? Will that be as good?
    :)
    Emma

Meant to be better but I will wait and see! Each venue has its plus and minus points but either way it should be a good show. I am going to be up to my eyballs with it all weekend though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

20 euro's a bit steep imo. I was at the last one there and it was'nt worth it tbh, I'd rather see the cars go than just sit there blinging

Yeah coolnights wasnt up to much. It was to crapmed and the only live action was a flame off between 3 cars in a tiny space that was quickly packed with people. If you were not 7' 4 you had no chance of seeing it.

At least this time the new steer from the rear show will be there not that I am likely to see any of it as i will be on the stand all day long

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

the heatwave show is meant to be good but price is a bit steep.
    modified motors should be a good show in june

Modified motors show???

bspoke wrote:
    Modified motors show???
    sorry i meant 100% modified.i couldnot think if the name then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

maybe this should move over to the modified forum?

ciarsd wrote:
    maybe this should move over to the modified forum?
    ah its fine here:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Admission €20 Under 10s €12
    "..This 820bhp Evo is sure to get you wet"
    :rolleyes:
    So any car shows that arent sleazy crap in this country?

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Matt Simis wrote:
    Admission €20 Under 10s €12
    "..This 820bhp Evo is sure to get you wet"
    :rolleyes:
    So any car shows that arent sleazy crap in this country?

Matt

Unfortunately not, and they all seem to be the same with the same content, and similar displays.

It really is just a quick buck money spinner

id love to see the 820bhp evo.any pics of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Ah bollix...does this mean every skanger in their "modified" Micra/Corsa/Starlet sh1tbox is going to descend upon North County Dublin for the wkend??

Nooooooooooooo.........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Sizzler wrote:
    Ah bollix...does this mean every skanger in their "modified" Micra/Corsa/Starlet sh1tbox is going to descend upon North County Dublin for the wkend??

Nooooooooooooo.........

dublin house prices are to expensive they now live in ncd so no need to descend :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Wtf?

elexes wrote:
    dublin house prices are to expensive they now live in ncd so no need to descend :p

what the hell are you talkin about?:confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It is guaranteed to be a complete nacker fest. I go to a few every year and it is always full of peaked caps, shaved heads, cheap gold, tracksuits, tashes, burbury etc. There should be some impressive cars if you can stand the smell of scumbags...

Zascar wrote:
    It is guaranteed to be a complete nacker fest. I go to a few every year and it is always full of peaked caps, shaved heads, cheap gold, tracksuits, tashes, burbury etc. There should be some impressive cars if you can stand the smell of scumbags...

thats a great discription.thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

so did anyone go? what was it like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I didnt go but the show is only down the road from me and saw some pretty hot cars going in. This car one "best car" http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054923773 The green 206.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Ye I live near there too, saw some nice motors, not many cops either, so I was left in peace. Last year I was stopped twice, and asked was I anything to do with the show and the boyracers. I laughed and showed him the shopping crammed into the Zeds boot :D

Kiera wrote:
    I didnt go but the show is only down the road from me and saw some pretty hot cars going in. This car one "best car" http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054923773 The green 206.

i love that car.any other pics of the event

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

drdre wrote:
    i love that car.any other pics of the event

Pop over to www.manic-motorz.com and take a look and see a few more pics from the event!! You have to be a mamber to gain access!! Also if you check http://www.dizzpics.com/ over the next couple of days you will get a few pics!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I was there and it was a laugh - a few scangers all right but it was ok.
    A few inpressive cars all right, the 820 BHP Evo looked mean, I'll load some pics up L8r.
    Also A 720 BHP (I think) Evo6 road legal, claims thats it was the fastest car in Ireland at the moment doing a quarter mile in 10.6 and top speed of 212 Mph. don't quote me on this but thats what I gathered form the chap there:D .

A few Very nice skylines and scoobys and the two 206's also - pretty impressive. -
    And a few nice ladies strutting around ;)
    There was a show outside with bikes and cars doing a few stunts -kept me entertained for a while.
    And one little chap on a mini quad doing a few stunts which was cool :D

I think it was worth €20.
    And defo worth the €3 for the car park, seeing a load of modded cars sliding all over the place was a laugh:eek:
    Was with a mate in his Evo so the Mud was not too much of a problem

Mik

jonny24ie wrote:
    Pop over to www.manic-motorz.com and take a look and see a few more pics from the event!! You have to be a mamber to gain access!! Also if you check http://www.dizzpics.com/ over the next couple of days you will get a few pics!

yeah i check the pics on manic.some nice ones.:cool:

Advertisement