Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate in Limerick

Options
  • 12-05-2006 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Anyone interested in setting up an Ultimate club in Limerick? There is a tournament on in Cork during the summer. I haven't really played much before but would like to get a novice team together.

For info about ultimate:

http://www.whatisultimate.com/what/what_home_en.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

wingnut wrote:
    Anyone interested in setting up an Ultimate club in Limerick? There is a tournament on in Cork during the summer. I haven't really played much before but would like to get a novice team together.

For info about ultimate:

http://www.whatisultimate.com/what/what_home_en.html

Could be fun,any excuse to try and get a team to beat Cork:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

That sounds so class!

How many would we need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

I would throw my hat into the ring for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

id be up for it, looks like fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Update... There are 7 per team so we'd need about a min of 8, everyone gets a game. Heres the link:

http://www.ultilinks.com/tournaments/corkbeachhat/

I'll get in touch with Skultimate (UCC Ultimate team) and get some pointers as to what we need to bring/wear/do. I think places are running out but I think if we get a Limerick team together they will make an exception!! :) The Corky boys would love to get one over on us.

Heres the outline:
    The player fee for the tournament is 30 euro

This includes a free player pack, free BBQ on the Saturday night, free Friday night accomodation and a free team shirt for you to wear during game time!

As in previous years in an attempt to minimise the cost for visiting players all players will be offered free accomodation in the houses of local players on the Friday night.

A number of options are available for Saturday night accomodation.

1) You can bring a tent, pitch it right next to the beach and sleep in it. (recommended)
    2) You can spot someone pitching a tent, make sure you get on their team, throw every disc to them for scores, bring them burgers and booze and at the end of the night crawl in beside them and curl up at their feet like a little loyal puppy
    3) You can get ridiculously drunk, and sleep on the beach in your beer-jacket like they did at ultimate tournaments before tents were invented.
    4) For the boys : Find a woman and stick to her like a leech...they always bring tents. :D
    5) For the girls : Find a man and see if he'll pitch a tent for you...if so maybe he'll let you under his canvas ;)

I like the idea of camping on the beach myself.

wingnut wrote:
    I like the idea of camping on the beach myself.

Yeah could be fun.
    Looks like there's about 5 of us already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

i presume its ok for under 18's.....im 17 like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

ummm... bad news, i wont be in the country... i'm sawwie!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

5) For the girls : Find a man and see if he'll pitch a tent for you...if so maybe he'll let you under his canvas
    Gotta love double entendres (intentional or otherwise!) :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement