Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Broadband

• 12-05-2006 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭

My boyfriend uses this site all the time to find out things so I thought why not join. First question of the day: I just got a flier FREE BROADBAND. Does anyone know anything about this.:confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Nos such thing as free broadband BG .

ATS ?? who are they ? This almost sounds like a fraud of some sort to me, do not give them any details until they are 'checked out' a bit .

What is their website BG so we can see what they 'offer and if there is no website there I suspect the worst ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

It's ATS.ie. They seem to be some kind of a phone company. The boss here has replied for more information. We'll see if there is a catch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Free to ATS voice customers.....

ah OK, I heard of that lot as an Alcatel PABX supplier so they are 'known' .

they have no licence from Comreg
    they are reselling bitstream in some form, probably reselling a reseller
    its only free if you send voice into them, again they do not have their own network so they are reselling someone elses

The boss has been on. They resell BT minutes. We've sent the bill in and we'll see if they can beat Eircom.
    They're giving what they call Silver free, so the 3K downstream amd 384 up, its 12 months. We'll wait and see.

• Advertisement

they are reselling a reseller , thats messy if there is a fault for example and your BB goes down .

can you edit your original post to amend the title from Free Broadband to 'something else' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pogonotropher

yeah this is straight up -just rang them. its b to b only though. checkin it out for my company- going through the terms and conditions with a fine tooth comb to find the catches!
    the main one is you have to move off eircom and traffic your phonecalls through them - ill post again when I find out where you get shafted! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If they're giving free broadband when you switch your calls to them then surely there's a minimum spend on the voice calls. That'll be the catch. Might not be too bad if you do happen to be spending a fortune on calls already. My €1.73 worth of phone calls every two months probably wouldn't warrant much free broadband.

pogonotropher, what's b to b only?

We just got the proposal through and it looks like the voice side saves us a fortune anyway. And I did take on your comments Sponge Bob and we got a list of clients. They say they'll do all the dealing with Eircom. Yahoo that would mean no more on hold for ages waiting to speak to someone. If it all checks out with the current guys etc. I think we'll go with it. Plus they said they could look after the hardware side too. No hassle means a lot.

Hi Jor El, b2b is business to business if I remember correctly. God the commerce teacher did a better job that she thought ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement