Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rough morning

Options
  • 12-05-2006 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

came home from work this morning and was greeted by our three dogs,one is 8 month tebetane,he was playing front of me with other dogs as l entered the driveway like he always do,so have to go very slow,only this morning ,things turned out different ,he ran in front of jeep while l was parking and felt l lift and heard him scream,took him to vets,but died on way,family in bits,he followed me everywhere like my shadow,have to work tonite and can't turn off,just buried him in garden

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Gosh thats horrible. I can empathise with how you feel.

Happened last August to an old and faithful collie we had, but it was his time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

its harder when your wheel killed him
    heres sid
    few days ago

will miss my friend of 8 months

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

hes sweet. Its a privilege to have a dog isnt it, they add so much to life.
    I'm sure he'll always be fondly remembered.

My sis reversed over the collie, she was distraught, but he was old and tired anyway, he's buried under our apple tree.

never thought it be me that hit him ,he had a blue and brown eye,everyone like him,played with everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Very sorry about this ...you must be gutted ...

Don't mean to make feel even more guilty than you already do, but you might want to think about securing your driveway / parking spot in some way. Maybe a little fence and some training for the dogs not to cross over it?

After all, other people will come into your driveway as well, and you sure don't want this to happen again.

Unfortunately dogs are a bit stupid sometimes and once they are excited enough, all reason goes out the window ...:(

• Advertisement

was in process of doing it as sid was barking at cars and sometimes would to end of driveway,we where fitting fence and special gate this weekend
    what maKE IT HARD WAS L WAS CAREFUL ,only this morning ,it didn't work.maybe l could have stoped till he was in house,who knows
    the housae wont be the same,he was mad as a hatter,chasing the other two,always playing,

made a mistake earler
    sid was tebetane

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

Had a look at your pics, what a little beauty, I understand how you feel, I had something similar happen a couple of years ago, my little dog followed me everywhere and one day I was getting on the local bus and she tried to get on with me, I put her off, told her to go home and then the bus pulled away, we felt a bump and realised she'd gone under the back wheel, she also died on the way to the vets, I felt so guilty afterwards, I shoulda brought her home not just told her to go. I still feel bad when I think about it but now I mostly remember the fun we had, Sid would have been in shock and so wouldn't have felt any pain, if thats any comfort to you. Its going to be hard for you but remember it was a horrible accident, you didn't set out to hurt him, in time, like me, you'll remember Sid and smile at the memories but I know right now its hurting like hell, give yourself some time to come to terms with what happened but above all DON'T blame anyone least of all yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

Its hard when you lose a dog
    its even harder when you lose your best friend.
    But every sky has a silver lining, and there will be hundreds af doggies at the pound waiting to take his place.

condolences. I have become old & sloppy too.

cheers all
    yesterday,we drove to castle gregeory,as we wanted to go to place we didnt bring sid as it would upset us more,we made a day of it and needed to get away from house
    today we clean the house with all sids hair as we didnt before
    put away some of his toys,was hard ,and shed few tears,but had to be done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

very sorry to hear about him, hopefully you'll feel better with time.

cheers
    still hard to beleive the little guy had such affrct on us only with us months,guess he was had work when we first got him and became such fun to have around,the big dog jaz misses playing with him,keeps going over to sids box where sid slept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Your thread has brought me to tears, people who don't have any pets sometimes don't understand the loss that you can feel after losing a dog/cat etc. I know that i would be absolutely devestated if that happened to one of my dogs ( jackrussel + toy poodle ). You gave your dog a very happy life while he was with you, just remember that.

Your thread has brought me to tears, people who don't have any pets sometimes don't understand the loss that you can feel after losing a dog/cat etc. I know that i would be absolutely devestated if that happened to one of my dogs ( jackrussel + toy poodle ). You gave your dog a very happy life while he was with you, just remember that.
    cheers
    will take it a fay at a time.all i can do

PUT away the rest of sid's stuff last nite,still getting his hair on our cloths even do we cleaned the house.
    couple of local kids came to sid's grave with flowers last nite,wanted to know if we had any photos of him

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

Nice that the local kids loved Sid too. Be sure to remember Jez is probably missing Sid even more that you and your family and he's in the worst position of not understanding whats happened, he just knows his little buddy is missing, make certain you give him lots of attention as he's been bereaved too, best of luck.

Will give jaz alot attention,will take us all time to get used to it

we put up a new water fountain where we buryed sid as its almost 3 months,still shed a tear doing it ,felt better after it was done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sorry to hear about your loss OP.

cheers,been 3 months now,still think about it when close to where he's buried,was planning to put something there to remember him by,so did it today
    we been offered other dogs like his brother,but said no
    need more time from that morning of 12 of may at around 09.10
    what can you do,life moves on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Belle_Morte

At least the little guy was much loved for the eight months you had him; it's so sad, but accidents can happen no matter how careful you are.

i know,done all the soul serching about that morning ,if i could have or not done this or that
    we still have 2 other dogs ,which i watch like a hawk when comming home,wife still looks out at where he buried in mornings and remembers him,she took it harder than me,he has a water fountain where the birds where drinking from today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Belle_Morte

It's evident you loved Sid and would have done anything you could to keep him safe. Losing a pet is sad enough at any time but under circumstances like this it must be heartbreaking. I'm so sorry.

life moves on and so do we,but you still remember ,we miss the little guy with the blue and brown eye

just found out today that second dog jaz has cancer,hers lost alot of weight over last couple of weeks,have to wait for final test results,takes a week
    vet said not looking good
    wife is very upset
    to lose to dogs in less than 6 months is hard to take,
    abit of a loss at moment
    will have to decide if we put her to sleep or put her to sleep after xmass
    what a discision to make
    the bad luck is hard to take

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

:( Sorry for your bad luck, I know how it feels.

will have full test next thursday,asked vet to look at jaz again today
    if the drugs dont help her,shes too far gone and if she wets alot,its time to put her too sleep
    my wife birthday in noverber,jaz might not last till end of nov,which would be hard on her
    i work night shifts,and my wife felt safe with her,we have small dogs,but jaz was the protector,want to get another big dog for her,she doesnt want too,pther wise will have to change jobs

Advertisement