Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Grand Day Out

Options
  • 12-05-2006 12:06pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Would anyone be interested in goin to the beach?

It'll take a slight bit more organization than three ppl goin to the pub, but sure the sea is worth it all. (and no, nerds dont actually melt on contact with natural resources, its a myth so ppl wont leave their computer screens)

The only issue is probably that I need months and months of notice to get a saturday off and sundays are no go, though i think most of the rest of the planet have nine to fives so it shouldnt be to hard to organise w/o me :S

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Should be a laugh with a couple of car loads, and I know LMM would be well keen on the idea. Put me down for two.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'll take five! Wait, no, scratch that. One please.

(sounds like fun, but I'm assuming other people can provide the car-like goodness. I certainly can't, anyway...)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

while to call the mothers vehicle a car would a be a slight exageration, we can say i'll have a car (dinky)

I can take three other ppl plus a handbag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I hate the beach - I absolutely loathe having sand in my pants. But if it gets rained out and moved to the pub.....

How many people are on 9 to 5 and how many can go on a weekday? I do shift work so it's a coin flip for me.

I hate the beach - I absolutely loathe having sand in my pants.
    Same here, but it's a once-off so screw it. Or we could get some non-drinkers on board and go to Midleton for some whiskified entertainment. Wouldn't envy the non-drinkers though. :)

I can head off anytime, but I'd imagine the weekend would work better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i am not a nine to fiver, the joys of the service industry and studentness!!

and you dont have to wear pants, thats the joys of the beach!! sure you'll come anyway! you can sit on a rock or summat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I'd be up for it.

right so, can we set a date so?

preference for the weekend i presume, so i can suggest a saturday sometime in june so ill have time to write in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'll come along and skulk behind some shrubs. Or rocks. Whichever is more plentiful.

we can bury yo inhte sand if you want

• Advertisement

Don't, he'll probably spend about four hours trying to set up a shot of a single grain of sand!

naw, the macro lens is too awkward to carry everywhere...

bring some fast film to capture the stones in teh air as they are tossed at adam perhaps? and take none of me in swimwear

pff.. .film.. That's so 1990's :p

retro can rock, even if it costs an arm and a leg to develop...

Mmmm, toss.

hrmmmm, i think we'll ahve to find a beach without children if we're taking you out in public

Mmmm, pubic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

ooh ooh, can I come and show off my tan? I'm a shift worker also, so anytime suits me, and also a driver, so even better! as for dates, my roster is here: http://freecal.brownbearsw.com/Dizzyblabla might not all be completely correct, but should be ok...

right so. saturday the tenth of june. any problems?

ill write in for it off tomoz afternoon. hopefully i can get it

• Advertisement

There is so much on that weekend. I'll have to catch the next one :(

****e, my schedule thing online was messed up, I'll still be in Turkey, but can do the sunday!!

i defo cant do sundays. it seems im free the 3rd and fourth of june (sun and mon bankholiday i think) if we want ot push it forward

(i cant do other sundays, i got that one off by fluke)

ummmm, maybe dizzyblabla's in turkey that week too :S

given that im vaguely blondey, maybe we should make it hte 17th?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

wow thats freaky, i had one of those Wayne's World dreams the other night, no weird naked indian or jim morrison, but an idea to go to the beach popped into my head, and the 17th of june came up as the date for it... i'm thinkin the beach down in Shanagarry would be perfect, and we could light a fire, and i know some folks from ballycotton who can get some fresh seafood off the pier, and if every1 goin brought a six pack... or if every 2 persons go halves on a slab so if 12 ppl go there'd be 6 slabs(hopefully there'll be more than 12 ppl)... and i was even considering bookin a mini-bus, and doin an all nighter down there.. and if anyone wants to bring a guitar/bongo drum or any other thing that makes music/beats

that sounds like fun! that way I can drink too?!

shannagarrys nice, and close enough to drag blitzkrieger along too!

Normally maybe - but I'm going to be in Dublin both of those weekends. I may even be living there by then (but I doubt it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

if you book them they will come

what are we bookin now?

• Advertisement

whatever we're booking for the 17th I can't do it anyway. I'm on bloody nights.. stoopid shift work...

Advertisement