Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband in lucan slow?

• 12-05-2006 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

:confused:

I've only had it 3 days, but since yesterday evening I've been getting woefull speeds here in Lucan.

Anyone else experiencing problems?

Should I expect more of this? If so I'm downgrading from 6meg because I'm not getting it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Getting a similiar issue myself. Speeds haven't been anywhere near what they should be. Whereabouts in Lucan are ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Up around the spa hotel there

You?

Hillcrest. Close to Tesco. Hmmm, must be something up in the area. Will give them a call tomorrow so.

Must be. I'll give them a call, too. They might do something if enough people complain.

Don't let them give you that restart your router crap, doesn't do a god damned thing for me.

mang87 wrote:
    Don't let them give you that restart your router crap, doesn't do a god damned thing for me.

Yeah I know, tried that a couple of times. Will respond here with what they come back with.

• Advertisement

Was on to the helpline this evening and the techs are due to call me back tomorrow after 6.30. If they don't I'll be back onto them as the arse has dropped out of the connection completely.

I'm afraid I've narrowed my problem down to being my router. Things are unstable when im connected through it. Once I reconnected the ntl modem directly to my pc, instead of through the router, I got 10Mb again. Maybe you should try the same?

Damn, must have just been a coincidence... The speed is incredibly poor yet again. And I tried turning off the modem and pc for 30 seconds etc, even left them both off for 5 minutes, it's not brang the speed back again.

Jeez...

Speed is running at 6mb at the moment. If I start torrents then it seriously deteriorates. Does that make any sense whatsoever if I limit the bandwidth assigned to torrents?

Advertisement