Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silvio Berlusconi - Shevchenko Wants To Play In England

• 12-05-2006 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

can anyone find anything about this online? the presenter on Sky News said that Berlusconi announced that Shevchenko wants to leave Milan and play in England

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Well if it's true, I think we all know where he's going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Well if it does turn out to b the case, there can only be one lace really cant there? Arsenal could be interested as well if Henry leaves and Man U as well if RVN goes, but really couldnt see him anywhere else but Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well Berlusconi is a nutter but he does own Milan, so maybe there was truth to the rumors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Crespo + cash, mebbe!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Surprised this thread hasn't been bumped, Sheva is admitting it himself now:

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=386885&CPID=21&clid=120&lid=4161&title=Sheva+considers+Milan+exit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

sure liverpool need a new striker, perfect :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Not suprised. Despite everyone here denying it would happen, and most people seemed to think there was a better chance of hell freezing over, i always thought there was a good chance of it happening.

Just when i tohught other teams had a chance to catch chelsea..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gallas and sheva to switch in a part exchange ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Yeah, when Schevenko was a wee boy, he always dreamed of playing in England. :rolleyes: If a Spanish club (or a club in any other country for that matter) managed to get a benefactor like Chelsea have, then can you all imagine how many players would be looking to play there. I know somebody is going to point out that Gallas wants to go to Italy, but at least he can't be accused of being a money grabber. After all he wants to leave the big spenders/payers.

• Advertisement

Not suprised. Despite everyone here denying it would happen, and most people seemed to think there was a better chance of hell freezing over, i always thought there was a good chance of it happening.

Just when i tohught other teams had a chance to catch chelsea..

the season is just over and your throwing the towell in for next season already?

he's just a man, they can only put 11 players on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Van for Shev :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

SofaKing wrote:
    Crespo + cash, mebbe!?

Crespo + Gallas I would say. Since Gallas thinks AC are interested in him.

But then again Sheva is no spring chicken, he will be 30 in september.

Maybe Crespo + cash is more likely.

Great signing for the premiership, regardless of what team he goes to.

el rabitos wrote:
    the season is just over and your throwing the towell in for next season already?

he's just a man, they can only put 11 players on the pitch.

THey have only had 11 on the pitch for the last 2 seasons. Yet they still mananged to run away with the league twice.

THey have only had 11 on the pitch for the last 2 seasons. Yet they still mananged to run away with the league twice.

i'd argue that they have the best squad. 11 v 11 they're very beatable. liverpool and knocked them out of 2 semi finals, they've picked up losses in the league.

over 38 games they are better, yeah. but man u, liverpool and arsenal will all be adding to their squads aswell, they dont have to buy big names to win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Read today Sheva is saying the move is not about money but for family reasons....if thats the case why England?

He's talking through his ar$e. I'd say his buddy Roman has been whispering in his ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I do recall a certain board member predicting this, if he does go to chelsea i tip my hat to that user.

that said, he's ''considering'' moving, according to the sky sports thing

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Read today Sheva is saying the move is not about money but for family reasons....if thats the case why England?

He's talking through his ar$e. I'd say his buddy Roman has been whispering in his ear.

maybe the family reasons are that his family receives threats or other kinds of pressures from the italian public and that perhaps he feels the need to get out of there. Italian fans are pretty hardcore and thats what i was thinking when he said family reasons at the time :)

el rabitos wrote:
    i'd argue that they have the best squad. 11 v 11 they're very beatable. liverpool and knocked them out of 2 semi finals, they've picked up losses in the league.

over 38 games they are better, yeah. but man u, liverpool and arsenal will all be adding to their squads aswell, they dont have to buy big names to win the league.

How points have liverpool taken off them in the premieship? dont worry, you dont have to answer that if its too painful. ;)

ANd it looksl ike chelsea will be adding to their squad aswell. Most people saiid the one thing chelsea needed is a world class striker, if they get schvchenko they have it. THey have Ballack aswell.

THey wil lose some player like gallas and a few others. THe diffence is they dont have to worry about finding money to replace these players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

THe diffence is they dont have to worry about finding money to replace these players.

Yes because they'll have the money from selling those players to buy new players:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

el rabitos wrote:

Of course they are beatable, every team is. They do have the best squad, and if you can't see that then good luck to you. Back-to-back league titles will back up my claim. A league is not won with 11 players.
    el rabitos wrote:

Nope, you have to buy the best players and hope they adapt succesfully, which Mourinho has done quite well so far at Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

What? All the players that he brought in haven't adapted well, at all. Carvallho is the only one that has been a success and it appears he isn't all that settled at the club. The stand out players have been the ones who have played there before mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i get the impression ole jose isn't the happiest either.
    reckon he could move on in the next year or 2

All the papers saying this morning that Hes off to chelsea for definite, once they can fork out 30+ million for him :)

Advertisement