Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

world cup predictions

• 12-05-2006 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

i have drawn short straw with mates to set up world cup gambling between us,i've decide on a prediction game rather than picking a team out of a hat.
    any thought son the scoring in it?
    Group Stages
    Predict the result (Win/loss or draw) of each of 48 games.
    Predict the actual score of each group game also. For instance you think Germany will win first game of WC against Paraguay 1-0 you mark in one nil on the wall chart, if the Germans win one nil you will score one point for correct result and three extra points for getting exact score. If the Germans win two nil you only get the one point for the correct result.
    Semi finals
    Predict the four teams in the semi finals, for each team you guess correct you get 5 points.
    Winner in final
    You get 10 points for guessing the overall winner.
    Top scorer
    10 points for guessing competitions top scorer ,if more than one player gets top scorer you still get ten points for your player. You can see who’s favourite and odds here.
    Golden Ball
    Guess the winner of “player of the tournament” I’m sure Ronaldiniho will be favourite but Oliver Kahn won it last time. Guess the winner and get another 10 points.

Top points scorer wins 75% of prize money, second place wins 25% of prize money

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think you should always get a lot more points for guessing the actual winner of a thing.
    It's much tougher than guessing actual results of games, or top scorers, or players of the tournie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

actually according to the odds from bookmakers the favorite for top scorer is adriano at 8-1 while favorite to win it is brazil at 3-1.i think one of the hardest things in football predicting the exact score of a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i think henry could be a good bet for top goalscorer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Yah Henry could be the top goal scorer if France go far in the tournament, Franch are in a championship slump though. They've been terrible in the last two tournaments. They haven't a hope I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The Henry that plays for France is a differnent Henry to the one that plays for Arsenal. :) He certainly won't be getting top scorer imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement