Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

remapping keyboard keys

• 12-05-2006 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

How can i remap the function keys?
    Like i mean say i wanted to execute a file everytime i hit F8, would that be possible? and i dont mean have a crappy program running in the background listening for the keydown, i mean is there a registry setting or even an alternate keyboard driver i could use? im using a standard DELL keyboard HID compliant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Which version?

AFAIK, scan codes are stored as REG_BINARY keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control (>Keyboard Layouts) for 2K,XP,2003. I don't know an easy way of editing them. (Oh, and they apply to all users of the machine-in case that's an issue...)
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/input/w2kscan-map.mspx

I'm sure there are 3rd party utils to aid remapping... google for 'em.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Create a shortcut to the application.

Right click on the shortcut and go into properties.

Guess what the shortcut key is for ;)
    It's usual to use Crtl / Shift / Alt as well as some apps will use F8 for nefarious purposes.

I can't remember if shortcuts only work from the desktop or maybe startmenu too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Mmmm, keyboard remapping... I wonder could the 'leet keyboard' (see attachment) finally become a reality ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

Create a shortcut to the application.

Right click on the shortcut and go into properties.

Guess what the shortcut key is for ;)
    It's usual to use Crtl / Shift / Alt as well as some apps will use F8 for nefarious purposes.

I can't remember if shortcuts only work from the desktop or maybe startmenu too.

Perfect, thanks for that man just what i was looking for

Advertisement