Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centra on the Quay with their crazy marketing

Options
  • 12-05-2006 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

how annoying. They have speakers at the entrance that play out the same 4 audio loops during the day. Something along the lines of:
    "want to be good?, then get a salad from our deli"
    "try a wrap, they are just great"
    "go on put some chicken in it, thats nice"

I went in there on Wednesay night and i could hear the fecking thing from the corner where all the bums hang out. Terrible idea, it's going to discourage people from going in there if they continue with that aggresive approach.

They would need a licence for that wouldn't they since its broadcasting. I wouldn't be happy working there having to listen to that trash all day. It really pissed me off and i was only in the shop for about 2 minutes. Btw, centra have really nice wraps, they are just great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

gotta agree, its some pain in the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

must head down that way tomorrow to see what it sounds like. i like their rolls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Do they play "Jumbo Breakfast Roll " in the mornings ?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

That thing annoys the piss out of me, I'll never set foot in that shop. The poor winos must have no peace.
    And as for that accent? Where the fook is that from? Defintitely not 'Town'. Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Vodka Junkie

But I need them for my morning after the session hot chicken roll!!! Where would I go without them? Nowhere thats where!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭lost_for_words

But I need them for my morning after the session hot chicken roll!!! Where would I go without them? Nowhere thats where!!!

mmmmm morning after session hot chicken roll :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Crimson...

Ahh chill out its funny

You here it for like 2 seconds when you enter the shop its not like its pumped through the store...

Although i wouldnt like to be working there the thing would do my nut in :p

Talking shops? All a bit too Blade Runneresque for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Vodka Junkie

mmmmm morning after session hot chicken roll :D

OH YEAH!!! You know what i'm talkig bout!!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

with a bottle of bananna yazoo, now thats the biscuit!
    Crimson... wrote:
    Ahh chill out its funny
    you're weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think it's okay. It definitely serves its purpose in that it does draw people into the shop. I was actually mesmerised as to how it worked. There doesn't seem to be a speaker of sorts. Instead, there's a metal block attached to the the window which I think it pretty cool as the sound is coming right from the glass!

I know where to put the brick so. Seriously though I hope this doesn't become the norm in a world where we're already bombarded with adverts in every shape and form.
    I'd prefer to be able to walk down the quay without some 'non threatening' half American, half Irish, all gobshíte voice giving me the munchies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

mp3 player ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Roen wrote:
    I know where to put the brick so. Seriously though I hope this doesn't become the norm in a world where we're already bombarded with adverts in every shape and form.
    I'd prefer to be able to walk down the quay without some 'non threatening' half American, half Irish, all gobshíte voice giving me the munchies.
    Sounds almost as bad as when your felling up with petrol at a statoil, you are hammered with ads for rolls and over priced sandwiches. I noticed that their pumps pump slower than other non adverted pumps. Conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Really annoying...And I'm gonna have to walk past Centra every day of the summer for work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Crimson...

you're weird

Why am i "Weird" you dope :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

what makes me a dope? , you weirdo

• Registered Users Posts: 5 irish guy 1979

I think its so cool and really works and when your inside the shop you cant hear it !!!!! I was told it is the only one in Ireland and its cost thousands to put in there deli is great and the shop has everything so why worrie about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

I think its so cool and really works and when your inside the shop you cant hear it !!!!! I was told it is the only one in Ireland and its cost thousands to put in there deli is great and the shop has everything so why worrie about it :)

I agree the deli is great and the staff are so friendly. I love their cajun chicken or garlic chicken paninis. They are devine. I go in there most days as I work nearby and that thingy outside don't bother me. Its nice they have a phone charger and widescreen tv and some stools there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 irish guy 1979

I agree the deli is great and the staff are so friendly. I love their cajun chicken or garlic chicken paninis. They are devine. I go in there most days as I work nearby and that thingy outside don't bother me. Its nice they have a phone charger and widescreen tv and some stools there too.

your spot on there brown eyed girl but you have to say the thing on the windows works because so many people have been talking about it on this never mind at school

• Advertisement
Advertisement