Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premium advertising on website

Options
  • 12-05-2006 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all.

I am setting up a business that is website based for a certain type of luxury product. I'm still in the research stage and I've been trying to figure out pricing I would charge for premium advertising. I'm hoping someone here could help?

Basically what I want to price is something like the 'featured properities' section on myHome.ie. I am going to have something similar, where it is highly visible to the visitor, includes all the information about the item and an article about it etc. Any one ideas on what I could charge.

I was thinking along the lines of €4,000 - €5,000 but when I say this to myself it seems crazy, even though the items I am advertising would be worth €400,000.

Thanks for your help. Sorry I'm very vague but the domain name is not registered so I'm being a bit paranoid!! (better safe than sorry)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Well it really depends on how much traffic your site generates. (sorry if that seems like a crappy answer) But imagine it like a TV channel, how much do you charge for an ad? Depends on how far the channel broadcasts etc. How much do you pay for sponsorship of a program? Depends on how many people watch it.

An advertiser would probably ask "how many people will see my feature, and how many of those will be in my target market" when evaluating how much he/she would be willing to pay. I suppose you would have the advantage that people on your site would be willing to pay large amounts of money and so could be potentially valuable to advertise to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 StopGap

I have written this before .... much more information is needed to answer your question. But the basic principles are:
    1) supply and demand
    2) exposure duration
    3) target group

So in short ... how many potential clients are there for you and how much competition is out there?? How long will adverts run and how much space is on offer ... incl. links and other gadgets? And who will you target ... premium is an over-rated term ... what are the benefits that you offer??

Menno

Advertisement