Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Frankfield?

Options
  • 12-05-2006 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Does anyone have it? I checked the phone number and apparently its not available. Whats the story with wireless/line of sight companies?

I had a look at irishbroadband.ie which has 2 offers - one for breeze and one for ripwave. It looks like Frankfield is only covered by breeze which is twice the price as ripwave for what seems to be the same service.

amocom.com seem to be a lot more expensive too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Ripwave and Breeze are very different technologies. Ripwave (also known as ripoffwave because it never works) does not require direct line of sight, but only works close to their mast, they just give you a box which you put in the window and hope it works. Breeze is fixed wireless, and they put an antenna on your roof. There are lots of complaints about the quality of service from Irish Broadband - check out the broadband forum.

Other fixed wireless options include Nova Networks and maybe Digiweb. Nova Networks offer 1mb/1mb for 39euro per month, Digiweb Metro has 3mb/512 for similar price. I know that Nova Networks can cover Frankfield, not 100% sure if Digiweb has coverage there.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭kevin101

Chorus have just released Frankfield for theis broadband service.I have heard that in other parts of the city it is going really well,they also have over 1000 customers in the city area and for E20 a month ,cheap too.

Advertisement