Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comman and Conquer : The First Decade

Options
  • 12-05-2006 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭

Probably going to buy this game over the summer to relieve some boredom, i have Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2...

Is it worth me buying this? what are the other games like? best place to buy?

Cheers

even thought i cant spell the name of the game :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Wow you get all of them in the one pack?? Wonder how much.. anyway i played Tiberian and Red alert as have you.. great stuff.. anyway Yuri is excellent (flying saucers and weird stuff).. Generals i liked a lot (3d one). Did not even know of the other ones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ya i have it's a good package includeing all the games and expantion pack only draw back is it takes up 10 gig and you have to enter all the serial numbers one by one .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

bizmark wrote:
    Ya i have it's a good package includeing all the games and expantion pack only draw back is it takes up 10 gig and you have to enter all the serial numbers one by one .

woah, didnt think it would be that much....

any ideas on where to get it from?

play.com , game , smiths etc

If you get it and want a few muiltplayer games pm me im looking for a few co-op game's oh and you can pick what games you want installed so you can shave off some space needed by not installing say red alert or renagede's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

bizmark wrote:
    play.com , game , smiths etc

If you get it and want a few muiltplayer games pm me im looking for a few co-op game's

cheers mate, thanx for the help! may pm you over the summer...:)

• Advertisement

no prob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

its the only way to play command +conquer and red alert 1 on a windows xp machine as the originals dont work :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

i got it today. having a bit of trouble loading it, failed to load after 2/3s of it loaded first time then half way.

Oh also, for some reason they left out C&C Retaliations.
    Not sure why as this was a great version of the game with tonnes of maps for quick wars.
    Also it doesnt seemed to mentioned on C&C websites much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

C&C retaliation was only on the ps.

If you have never played any of the games pre tiberian sun I dont think you will enjoy them much. They havent aged well. Only for the die hard fans and old schoolers methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't know about that Rngr. The original C&C and RA were my favourite from the entire series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Oh also, for some reason they left out C&C Retaliations.
    Not sure why as this was a great version of the game with tonnes of maps for quick wars.

That was just the ps1 version of the red alert adons that are in the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

BOHSBOHS wrote:
    its the only way to play command +conquer and red alert 1 on a windows xp machine as the originals dont work :-(
    I (and by "I", I mean my brother) have the original Red Alert on my XP machine, there's a patch to make it work out there in internet land somewhere.

Counterstrike FTW, what can be cooler than fighting giant, fire breathing ants with little tanks and men.
    First game series to Jump The Shark! (or ant?) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

The original C&C was fantastic! I wish I could get my hands on it and relive those joyous times kickin' it up with General Shepard and Commander Carter. Well, I think those were their names! That game must have been released over 10 years ago. There was some chick flying around in a Warthog dishin' out orders too wasn't there? Or what about Seth and Kane? They don't make bad guys like that anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

pimpy_c wrote:
    The original C&C was fantastic! I wish I could get my hands on it and relive those joyous times kickin' it up with General Shepard and Commander Carter. Well, I think those were their names! That game must have been released over 10 years ago. There was some chick flying around in a Warthog dishin' out orders too wasn't there?

To respond to TMB's post aswel... this is proving my point. The older games are excellent to replay. Newer gamers just wont be all that impressed I think. Did you ever play RA1 multiplayer? Did you know if you pick allies and your against a good soviet player (aka me :D ), you will lose EVERYTIME! Unbelievably unbalanced, but it was never about the multiplayer really I guess. I personally love these games, RA and C&C are some of my all time favourite games. I just think they havent stood the test of time.

Do you think if a complete new gamer played Half-Life 1 tomorrow, do you think they would think its good even though its old? I think so, but its not the same story with the the older C&C games
    pimpy_c wrote:
    Or what about Seth and Kane? They don't make bad guys like that anymore!

Kane: Is that camera still on?!?

Then he shoots the camera :) love it

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Rnger wrote:
    Did you know if you pick allies and your against a good soviet player (aka me :D ), you will lose EVERYTIME! Unbelievably unbalanced, but it was never about the multiplayer really I guess.

Yes true, i didnt play on multiplayer now, just the singleplayer campaigns. I finished the soviet cd but i never managed to finish the allies. The last mission is brutal! If memory serves me correct, you have to take over a soviet base, and then fend off 2 huge bases on different parts of the map all while building up your own base. ARRGH!

Advertisement