Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject your most dreading?

• 12-05-2006 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

What subject are people most dreading come June?

It's undoubtedly Irish for me :( ****, I hate it!

Anyone looking forward to anything? I don't mind Accounting at all and have a lovely 5 day break to get some major work done for it as well :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Biology for me because we still have a fairly considerable chunk of the course left to complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

English. So much writing, and I'm not prepared at all.

I'm mildly looking forward to TD as it's my favourite subject, and it's the subject I'm most prepared on by far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Maths (hons) - especially paper 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Muiriosa

Really starting to dread Irish now. I love Irish - speaking it that is - and I've often defended it to the last on this board but there's so much notes to learn and so little time left!

Can anyone justify having to write two and a half bloody pages of refill for only 25 marks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Muiriosa wrote:
    Can anyone justify having to write two and a half bloody pages of refill for only 25 marks!!

whats that for? somethin in Irish?
    *tries to think*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Not looking forward to french

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

physics, without a doubt. :/ and to a lesser extent, french aural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭CGorman

Physics and French... I like both subjects.... but we still are'nt finished the Physics course and I never get anything right in the french tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Muiriosa

Rockerette wrote:
    whats that for? somethin in Irish?
    *tries to think*

Yeah, I know sounds mad, but that's the sort of stuff my teacher is expecting for an honours poem! it's just too much in my humble opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

irish paper 2...yuck!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

irish paper 2...yuck!!!
    thought you would have been sorted for everything. You seem unreal intelligent :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Gangsta wrote:
    thought you would have been sorted for everything. You seem unreal intelligent :confused:
    not quite i'm afraid :) i don't really mind irish but it's just the uncertainty of the paper. nothing definite comes up and you HAVE to learn all the prose and poems as there is one compulsory question on each!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Business - so fu*k in this subject its unreal doesnt really help that I dont even like the subject.

Tech Drawing - Im grand if I want 60% but to get 80/90% im fu*ked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Apparently Irish is the most hated subject! I'm definately dreading Irish paper 2 -it's basically a test of how much you've learned off and unfortunately I hate learning stuff off. Paper 1 should be grand though so hopefully the oral and aural should bring my mark up!
    I'm also worried about chemistry because I've done nothing and now I'm panicking (although still doing nothing!) because it's always been my worst subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

Hons Maths Paper II..I hate it so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

It was physics but now Im starting to dread English in general, but I think thats just because its the first exam and Im starting to get a bit nervous now..

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Irish, because I don't have anything learnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i guess history. not that im "dreading" it, just that it could either go SO right.. or so wrong. dependin on what essays come up.i really think i could be anywhere between a C3 and and A1..

but sure, what can you do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

English. God 2 higher papers on one day will be a nightmare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

irish paper 2! french..im a bit nervous bout geography too because of the new course.
    looking forward to art history though-last exam and i love it so i dont mind doing the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

suppose irish. it's a memory test.

don't understand a key word in a question and tá tú screwed. don't understand an essay title, and thats like 20% or sumtin down d drain.

oral/aural, bluff poetry, decent essay, 100% stair and nick points from the rest should get me a C at least. hoping for a B.

my bluffing ability is somewhat hindered in this subject as i can't answer it in english which is my A1 subject.

atm, ive 1/4 of my LC sat already which is nice. all's gone to plan so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Spliffany692000

How can people be looking forward to a certain exam?? Im totally bricking all of it!! Any tips on fast revision...kindly welcomed!! IM SCREWED!! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

How can people be looking forward to a certain exam?? Im totally bricking all of it!! Any tips on fast revision...kindly welcomed!! IM SCREWED!! :confused:

don't waste time on boards :p , ah no i bet you know way mor than you think you do, just keep the head down for the next 3 weeks or whatever and you'll be grand.....hopefully.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bar88

Why are people dreading English...its not hard tp pass at least....BIOLOGY is ridiculous........Doesn't help also that my teacher is the opposite to very good....being kind that is........But its certainly my hardest subject. You have to actually understand everything to remember it. There is no point learning off.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

I thought my English was ok, but based on that topic title, I guess not :rolleyes: *edits*

Edit: I can't edit it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

scared of English and Maths
    subject Im not really scared about is Biology!Im kinda scared of all of them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

English - It could go terribly wrong if I'm not in an ''English Mood''

German - I literally got about 3 or 4 percent in the oral so already I'm only going to get 80 at the most or something like that.
    Pretty scary since I need it for college n'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

without a doubt it has to be geography and business as ive done the two courses in one year because i repeated!!its ****e!!any tips would be great!!thanx a mill!!!xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

irish paper 2 because of the poems and stories, and then accountancy too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Irish. Why the funk do they make us do all those awful stories and that awful poetry?? It doesn't help in any way. If anything it gives us less time to study the actual language which they expect us to be fluent in (WTF is that about????). Why can't they have the Irish course the same as German/French?? We need to learn the language, not sh!te poetry/prose. It just p!sses me off soooooooooooooo much

Advertisement