Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject your most dreading?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

personally, i think the French course is a joke... i mean, i hate the language, and put no effort in. and im am doing honours, and got 72% in the mocks.. but my actual grammar, vocab, verbs, is shockingly bad...

but after the Leaving, i will (hopefully...) come out with an Honour, im aiming again for a B3.

that, in my eyes, is a joke!
    the fact that i can get such a decent grade (yeah i know its not exactly an A1, but you get the jist..) with such a sh!te level of French!

and i know im in the minority, but at least after the LC i would be confident speaking Irish.. im much better at it then French.. I'd happily pop over to Aran.. whereas you couldnt pay me to go to France to speak French, i'd break down..!

but anyways, lets not start off this anti-Irish rant again folks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

The langauge system in school IS a joke. It is very true considering in my junior cert i came out with a C even though i hate the langauge and personally couldent even count to twenty in french or speak simple phrases. French class was my doss class where for three years i just used the class to do other stuff. Ironically i had been learning Irish since primary school
    and came out with my lowest result of a D in ordinary:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Somehow I get the feeling that French is easier than German in general...
    I'm sooo not a language person

Advertisement