Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Problem

• 12-05-2006 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

hi

i recently got eircom wireless broadband into my house, it works fine on the laptop using the cable supplied, but it means i cant use it upstairs so went out and bought a usb wireless adapter. ive been trying to set it up for ages but still no joy.

the wireless adapter is a netgear 54mbps wg111v2, the software that comes with it reads the eircom network but wont connect, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

As a matter of interest have you browsed through the Wireless forum?
    I am pretty sure there are a tonne of similiar posts (if not the exact same) regarding how to set up/configure and troubleshoot wireless networks.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭CraigMMMMM

ive already tried a few tings ive read from here, but stil no joy, ive tried setting it up manually and automatically, i only posted cause i havent been able to get it workin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

In that case you should highlight exactly what you have tried in case you have changed a setting already......
    What I would recommend-assuming that you have not changed any default settings on the router..... disable the wireless software that came with the wireless adapter you are using on your PC and use windows to manage the connection.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭CraigMMMMM

ive used the software that came with the adapter, using the it will find the eircom net but wont connect, then tried wit using jus windows to detect it and it doesnt even find the network.

windows doesnt find the eircom connection but when i use the software i got with the adapter it finds it, i have reset everything to default when tryinng new things

Advertisement