Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serious Trouble

• 12-05-2006 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

i just had a row with this girl. she smacked me in the face........bitch, i lost my temper and smashed a bottle over her head.
    oh nooo i think im in BIG trouble. im not in Ireland at the moment so i recon i may be in for it. what to do? im working here in Israel. should i leave?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Wtf?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Ok you probably shouldn't have smashed a bottle over her head...

Was the girl badly injured? Where did this occur?

If she started the incident as you say she did then she's hardly likely to go to the police. Do you know the girl well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Hmmm you may have gone too far with the ould smashing a bottle over her head trick..

Mind you, she should not have hit you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

it happened in the cue for a toilet in a club. this girl, who i dont know just walked right up to me, spat on the floor in front of me and then whaked me one. i had my bottle of BB and just hit her with it.
    it was my first reaction. i definatly seen blood before i made a swift exit.

im ****ting myself now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

classy girl. PM me your number.

How likely is it the cops will know who you are? You can always claim self-defence. Just go on with the holiday(or whatever it is) as normal. Just dont go back to the nightclub ever again. Chances are you will be grand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

I'm guessing this happened in Iseral and recently?

I wouldn't condone hitting anyone over the head with a bottle at all even if she did spit at you but it was a split second reaction to something you were presented with.

If its over a week or so I doubt that she will go to the police especially since she provoked you.

thats my two cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Ouch !

Not smart, despite provocation.

Your reponse would seem disproportionate to the violence offered by your assailant. Bottle and head are a bad combo..... you are lucky that you did not kill her.

A prompt relocation exercise, especially if you are a non-national there, would seem to be in order..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If something does happen, have these details to hand. They can't get you off, they can't smuggle you out of the country, but they can give you advice on dealing with the local authorities etc

EMBASSY
    Address:
    The Tower, 17th Floor
    3 Daniel Frisch Street
    The Tower, 17th Floor
    Tel Aviv 64731
    Telephone:
    +972-3-6964166
    Fax:
    +972-3-6964160
    Email:
    telaviv@dfa.ie
    Position Name
    Ambassador His Excellency Michael Forbes
    First Secretary Philip Grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I heard rumors on the internets that mossad have alerted their agents to be on the lookout for an irish girl who's quick with a bottle!

Foolish reaction. However, you'll be fine. I wonder will she though? Anyway, how could the authorities possibly know who you are!! Just another average friday night incident. But as already said, NEVER go back there and dont go out drinking in the vacinity for some time!

END TRANSMISSION

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

lisaloo wrote:
    i just had a row with this girl. she smacked me in the face........bitch, i lost my temper and smashed a bottle over her head.
    oh nooo i think im in BIG trouble. im not in Ireland at the moment so i recon i may be in for it. what to do? im working here in Israel. should i leave?

All I can say is, take your rings off before they chop your hands off :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

lisaloo, go home or to a friends place, sober up and stay sober. Talk to a lawyer Sunday. Keep an eye on the news.

Keyser Soze 5, behave, wrong culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

All I can say is, take your rings off before they chop your hands off :p
    That would be muslims.

Make sure your near the embassy and listen to the radio, if its not reported you're probably fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

That would be muslims.

Make sure your near the embassy and listen to the radio, if its not reported you're probably fine.

Is there a radio station just for people who understand English, but not Hebrew?
    charba wrote:
    I'm guessing this happened in Iseral and recently?

I wouldn't condone hitting anyone over the head with a bottle at all even if she did spit at you but it was a split second reaction to something you were presented with.

If its over a week or so I doubt that she will go to the police especially since she provoked you.

thats my two cents.

1. Good guess.

2. The assailant spat on the floor.

3. Why do you think it happened over a week ago?

lisaloo: You are probably on CCTV, in the club and elsewhere. They are security-conscious there, after all. I think you would be well-advised to visit the embassy in person, rather than phoning or e-mailing, to seek advice. Also, get the name and phone number of a good lawyer, in case you are arrested. If you are arrested, don't admit [edit: say] anything. [edit: Oh, and stop drinking BB, whatever that is. ]

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 theguy86

she was a bitch for doing that,and in moments of angry people lose it,i can see your worried about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

chill, these things happen in clubs/bars ALL the time, no one will ever know. It's a very minor incident. A bottle over the head will cut you but I've never seen it do much more to anyone. A bit of a harsh reaction but at least she wont be spitting and slapping people again (hopefully).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

esel wrote:
    Is there a radio station just for people who understand English, but not Hebrew?
    Many Israelies come from America so I would presume so.

Advertisement