Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gnarls barkely

• 12-05-2006 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

just found out that gnarls barkley is actually dj danger mouse(did jay-z's grey album) and cee-lo green. pretty weird collabo i thought

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BRM

dame dash put Dm in the spotlight when he heard the grey album it was runoured at the time Jigga was going to work wit him but the whole rocca ship had sailed.

Celo has done stuff with much stranger people - pussycat dolls !

gnarls barkley album is great, a real grower - Smiley Faces will be huge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

that smiling face's track is class. can't wait to see them perform at the electric picnic there going to be ish hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Absoloute feckin cack music.

Well, thats my two cents.....:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Album is complete garbage alright.

Unless you really really like the current single. Then you might not mind hearing it 12 times over and over. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Well that's not really true as the other songs don't sound all that much like Crazy. Album ends much stronger than it starts but it takes a few listens to get into the album and by that stage you're bored of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i quite like it, its got an electronic soul kind of vibe going on. Pretty original stuff but certainly now outright hip-hop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭aftermathcrew

was ciaran13 banned or what??

Why do you ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭aftermathcrew

i was just wanting to know.but if it is none of my business, don't tell me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

Savage album very creative and totally different
    Anyone can do an album of 95 bpm New York/West Coast club bangers
    This is some left-field **** and the fact that its beating the sit out of everything from Robbie Williams and Will Young is a good thing for hip-hop
    Also, don't be put off by the tempos or the lack of cliches
    When Afrika Bambatta recorded his first album about 25 years ago, he too varied tempos and styles and though out the rulebook (well he helped write it)
    Hip-hop isn't about rules and Gnarls Barkley are as bout as hip-hop as they come
    Anything is possible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 chris01

ciaran13 wrote:
    just found out that gnarls barkley is actually dj danger mouse(did jay-z's grey album) and cee-lo green. pretty weird collabo i thought

So is gnarls a dj or a rapper coz other than his latest track with ceelo i never heard any thing from him and is he in the video coz the only person i saw was ceelo.

Gnarls Barkley is a pseudonym. It's Cee-Lo and Dangermouse together under one name. They're both in the video for Crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Was listenin to some of the album in my mates car last night, and, very suprisingly, it isnt bad. Not something Id be massively into but listenable nonetheless. Some of the production is rather like Cypress Hill Black Sunday i thought

Very get stoned vibe to the stuff tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm not a fan at all, I can't believe how weak musically the songs are, and really can't understand why people are hooked on it. Crazy has to be one of the most boring tracks I've ever heard, if you filter out the vocal for a second in your head and listen to the bassline and backing vocals, it's shrill, harsh, and incredibly slow to progress. Add the vocals in and you've a great cocktail of boredom.

My €0.02.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'd agree with that^^

only listened to the album twice but found it utterly forgettable bland music.

i'm at a loss to understand why so many people think it's anything other than average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Whilst I liked Crazy when I heard it first it got way over-played on the radio, and where I was working we had East Coast Radio on all day and it was just this song, then Jack Johnson's Upside Down, and I Wanna Be a Punk Rocker back-to-back all day long.

I d/led the album when it first came out and although there was 1 or 2 decent tracks on it the rest of it just wasn't my sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

so who is the singer? celo? i dind't know it was hiphop I thought it was .... car ad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

tis a bit bland alright, radio destroyed it though more than the lack of production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

its absolute rubbish imo
    go get dangerdoom - the mouse and the mask.
    danger mouse at his best

Advertisement