Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT BB users, help me...

• 13-05-2006 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey, just got BTBB last week and I check my usage via the "broadband.iol.ie/usage" link...

What Im wonderin is: There are two data downloaded figures; one on the main box, then one when I press history. My first one is at 7GB and the other is at 16GB. Im petrified my cap is the second one and Im already half way there (30GB)...Can someone on BT let me know which number it is?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

are you looking at a download box and an upload box, if so the two are unconnected and wont be added together to reach your cap.

It should be clear enough, the box should say This months download = x amount mb.

The history is probably last months downloads or a combination of all previous downloads. I wouldn't worry too much, I went slightly over the cap when I first got broadband (went mad downloading s hit because I couldn't really do it on dial up) but nothing happened to me. no official letters or anything like that.

There should be a warning on the download box if you are nearing your cap for the month stating that you are going to breach the cap if you continue your current download patterns. If you dont see this warning then theres nothing to worry about.

by the way, sorry to hear about you joining BT. Welcome to the nightmare that is BT billing and customer service. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

clown bag wrote:
    by the way, sorry to hear about you joining BT. Welcome to the nightmare that is BT billing and customer service. :(

Whatever you do, DONOT contact BT directly about this. Nothing usually happens unless you exceed your download cap by a very large amount.

Sorry to hear you joined BT too. I hope you have better luck than I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mark_T_147

No there's two data downloaded figures...One on the main "broadband.iol.ie/usage" box, then a substantially larger one when I click into "History" along with a larger upload figure too. It's our first month so eh, huh? Here, like this:

gcs00605pi.jpg

VERSUS THIS:

gcs00613as.jpg

IS THERE ANOTHER USAGE CHECK LINK BTW?

:D Hahaha yeah Im just readin around at the unrest towards BT...EEK! Are all of u on direct debit??? Should they not take it out monthly? Obviously not...Well it's my da's problem, I'll keep him abreast since I suggested BT and sorted d whole fandango out. Maybe just checkin to make sure d money goes thru every month will do.

chill, just worry about the first box.

The month of May only.

The history box is just a record of everything you ever downloaded since you got broadband. You only need to worry about the current months downloads. As I said a warning will appear in the box if you are in danger of going over the limit, not that BT are competent enough to realise even if you did exceed it.

Hope your father is a patient man. He's gonna need to be a saint to avoid driving a truck loaded with explosives into BT HQ after he starts receiving bills and having non-sense phone calls with the customer service people. Have fun watching him age 20 years in the space of weeks. Buy him a stress ball for his next birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

clown bag wrote:
    chill, just worry about the first box.

The month of May only.

The history box is just a record of everything you ever downloaded since you got broadband. You only need to worry about the current months downloads. As I said a warning will appear in the box if you are in danger of going over the limit, not that BT are competent enough to realise even if you did exceed it.

What Clown said.
    clown bag wrote:
    Hope your father is a patient man. He's gonna need to be a saint to avoid driving a truck loaded with explosives into BT HQ after he starts receiving bills and having non-sense phone calls with the customer service people. Have fun watching him age 20 years in the space of weeks.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mark_T_147

Hahaha unfortunately that's gonna be me instead! He said he's not gettin involved with the CS side of things before we got it...It's all on me!

Uh oh!

Mark_T_147 wrote:
    Hahaha unfortunately that's gonna be me instead! He said he's not gettin involved with the CS side of things before we got it...It's all on me!

Uh oh!

laughed at :D (sorry) welcome to the pain.

Advertisement