Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Query

• 13-05-2006 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I have one of those eircom netopia routers with wireless enabled. I also have a belkin 54g access point. When I'm in my room the signal to my router is terrible so I'd like to maybe "bridge" with my access point (which is also in my room attached to the wall so it can't be removed) somehow. What I want is to basically connect to my ap who's signal is 100% instead of the eircom router. Is it possible to initiate some sort of bridge between my ap and the eircom router? I've given my ap the exact same wds settings as the router, (the same wep keys... yes i know wep isn't secure) and I also put my ap onthe same subnet 192.168.1.x and told my ap to bridge with the eircom router but it didn't work. I could only connect to my ap statically and couldn't see the eircom router at all. I know I might not be too clear so if you want me to clarify anything just ask.

Thanks for your help guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Give us the model of the Acces point and we'll have a look see.

In principle yes it should be possible but if your computer has a bad signal then the AP will have too.

Advertisement