Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA on TV

Options
  • 13-05-2006 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi guys, I've been playing basketball on and off for a few years now, and now I finally have a real interest in it. My only problem is that I only have access to the 8 standard Irish TV channels. Do you know if any NBA (or any basketball for that matter) is shown regularly on terrestrial television? I know the Irish finals are on once a year, but that's not really enough!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'm pretty sure that there's zero NBA coverage on the terrestrial channels. I have NTL digital at home and unless I pay extra for the NASN channel I don't get to see any NBA action either.

It's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Channel 4 used to show some coverage I think... but that was a few years back. Only channel I know of apart from NASN is Sky Sports Extra. They're showing one game per matchday during the playoffs. Tonight it's the Nets v Heat at 9.00 with Heat up 3-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

BRM wrote:
    [[/url]

;)

Check out the NCAA dunk comp :)

Currently downloading Cavs vs. Det game 4, will report back on quality of video and sound.

Thanks for the link.

ps. who you play for??

Torrents aren't allowed as a general rule on Boards.ie so I've removed the link and soft deleted the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Yeh guys, no linking to davka unfortunately ... thems the rules.

Saying that, the video and sound quality is great (moreso than StreamTV). You need to start downloading the games pretty soon after they're released (within a day or two) as people obviously stop seeding them. Games normally released the day after they're played, but not early enough that I can kick it off before I go to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

http://www.nasn.com/content/nasn/portal.nsf

This is a channel with all american sports, and is available for Ireland and Uk :D

Schedule looks good with loads of live nba, nfl, nhl and baseball games. And im guessing there will be much more basketball games when the season starts again.

Do they show playoff games on NASN or is that just sky sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Ye they show playoff games, Its on the schedule.

Advertisement