Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card distorting media players??

Options
  • 13-05-2006 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭

Well, I was just wondering if anyone else has had or is experiencing the same proplem as myself. I recently had a friend put together a PC for me, which I mostly got the parts for off Komplett. But ever since it was born, any time I use Windows Media player or RealOne the image comes up severly distorted. Its very pixelated and usually plays in green, pink and blue. You can only sometimes barely make out the picture. The only way I have found to get around this is to disable the graphics card drivers and reboot the PC, which is fairly ****. I have an AMD 3700 (939 socket), a Sapphire Radeon X1600 PRO 256mb card and a Sapphire Radeon Axion RX480AS9-A58X board. Any help or advice what so ever will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

thats odd, have you tried updating your codecs. Maybe get the Xvid one and install it. Have you tried any other media players, it could be a problem WMP or Real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

It does it to all media players. Its some nightmare. Where could I get an Xvid codec?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Definitley sounds like you dont have the right codec installed. Try VLC Media player www.videolan.org/vlc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

you have latest graphics drivers??
    if so maybe try graphics driver remover and use the ones that came on the cd with the gfx
    also could be a codec problem.

Advertisement