Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

whats the catch with vodafones stop the clock?

• 13-05-2006 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

i'm on rtg and saw the ad on vodafone.ie for stop the clock, talk for 60 minutes for the cost of 3, is it worth activating? it sounds too good for a vodafone offer so i am guessing there is some kind of catch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the catch is that 99.999% of phone calls last less than three minutes. and for those three minutes you pay a lot more than on any other network. also its only to vodafone numbers.

vodafone's peak rate to other networks is 25c a min more than meteor, excluding meteor's 5c call offer

if you're on vodfone there's no reason not to activate it but then that the only reason to be on vodafone ready to go is you don't like having money. if that's the case you can switch to meteor and give me all the money you save :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

theres always a catch in these promotions.so read into it 1st before you get screwed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭kirving

Do you have to talk for exactly 60 mins? or more to avail of the offer? Or can you talk for 10 and pay for just 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Do you have to talk for exactly 60 mins? or more to avail of the offer? Or can you talk for 10 and pay for just 3?
    you don't have to talk for 60 but if you compare the offer to meteor's 5c call offer,
    voda
    met
    5----1 min
    10---2 mins
    15-
    20-
    25-
    30-
    35-
    40-

etc

you only start to save at the 30 min mark and its very rare to make a 30 min phone call on a mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

there is one small snag guys. if your were on the old MORE TO SAY tarif that will no longer be availble to you if you opt for stop the clock. other than that theres no worries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Commander Vimes - Well Said.

It is also worth not mixing up the Vodafone Ireland Stop the Clock promotion with the ads on tele for the Vodafone UK Stop the clock promotion.

The Vodafone UK one is to all mobile networks and landlines while the vodafone Ireland one is just to vodafone numbers. As usual Vodafone offer better conditions to the UK customers.

As Commander Vimes says you are far better off on Meteor anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Better competition in the UK I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

The reception is so bad where I live, that there is no way I could stay on the phone for an hour without getting disconnected at least 3 or 4 times, so I could never make the most of Stop the clock!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I remember something like this before, the catch was that if you exceeded the 60 mins by even 1 second it was priced as a normal call and that got very expensive very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Hagar wrote:
    I remember something like this before, the catch was that if you exceeded the 60 mins by even 1 second it was priced as a normal call and that got very expensive very quickly.
    If you talk for 61 mins you pay for a 4 min call. There's no harm in activating it, you'll get charged as standard but if you happen to be on a call to another vf number, that reaches 3 mins, the next 57mins are free.

Also (to CommanderVimes) that's peak rates, off peak it's 45c for an hour long call, so you save on anything after 9mins compared to Meteor. (sorry to be pedantic)

• Advertisement
Advertisement