Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Big Blue Chelsea Summer Extravaganza

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4768085.stm

BBC running with the same story :) Mourinho even mentions Eto'o! with henry possibly going the other way during the summer, it might not be so farfetched!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I have no respect for a player who would join a club 2 years after complaining he was alledged racially abused by the same club, Eto'o though a great player would be unlikely to receive a warm welcome for chelsea fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Imagine what he must think about those who were racists. He will never join chelsea.....well he might but i'd be shocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

crespo to milan in a deal with schcenko is alot more likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i reckon if mourinho were to win the european cup next season, he'll jump ship thereafter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Mourinho is to let Crespo move on and with Shevchenko in talks with milan over his future, he mentioned he might be leaving for family reasons then a swap would seem likely...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Looks like the worst kept secret in football is to be unveiled tomorrow!

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=387141&CPID=8&clid=8&lid=2&title=Ballack+to+sign+on+Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Now if only Duff would hand in a transfer request.

"Most intriguing is Damien Duff’s situation at Chelsea. He has a year left on his contract and is reported to be one of six players who have been offered a new one. But Liverpool are also reported to be considering an offer."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2093-2179616,00.html

eirebhoy wrote:
    Now if only Duff would hand in a transfer request.

"Most intriguing is Damien Duff’s situation at Chelsea. He has a year left on his contract and is reported to be one of six players who have been offered a new one. But Liverpool are also reported to be considering an offer."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2093-2179616,00.html

can't see what sense it would make for chelsea to sell Duff or anyone else with such talent to one of our main Cup rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

would liverpool actually want to buy duff though?

they already have luis garcia,zenden,riise,kewell and probably gonzalez (when he gets his permit) looking for that left wing position and if they were to try and buy him for the right wing it just wouldnt sense even though he plays there abit it couldnt be considered an ideal long term solution

• Advertisement

Gileadi wrote:
    would liverpool actually want to buy duff though?

they already have luis garcia,zenden,riise,kewell and probably gonzalez (when he gets his permit) looking for that left wing position and if they were to try and buy him for the right wing it just wouldnt sense even though he plays there abit it couldnt be considered an ideal long term solution
    Duff would improve Liverpool immensly. Kewell lives off one good game every month. I forgot they even had Zenden. Liverpool have no real world class player on the wing and I'd love to see Duff back to his best at Liverpool. If you were to say that Liverpool have enough wingers than they might aswell not spend in the summer as they have decent players in every position. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Gileadi wrote:
    luis garcia,zenden,riise,kewell and probably gonzalez

luis garcia can play anywhere across the midfield. Riise is mainly a left back. Zenden can play both central and left midfields. Kewell is the only exclusive left sided left player and Gonzalez isn't at the pool yet. If Duff signs then i would say either Zenden or Kewell would leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Ballack siginng tomorrow, Mourinho has announced it. I'm not too worried about this one as a United fan. I don't think he will be up to proving himself in a new league when he has been regarded as God in Germany for so long now.

As for Duff, he should leave to further his career. He would be better served playing week in week out for a less successful club with a smaller squad IMO. I bet someone like Newcastle would have got him for the money they spent on Luque! I'd like to see him come to Man United but Chelsea won't do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't think he will be up to proving himself in a new league when he has been regarded as God in Germany for so long now.

I hope you like the taste of dictionaries.

PHB wrote:

LOL

Yeah, I wouldn't like to be the one wagering on Ballack failing to perform ,in any league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

That's annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

PHB wrote:
    :confused::confused:

Anyways, the fun and games at Chelsea have begun. At least this time they can't be accused of shelling out over the odds. I suppose they'll have to make that shortfall up in the wages, what is it? £130k a week or so?

highest wage package ever?
    other players to demand parity?

Let's say Ballack was under contract and Man U paid £8m for him and paid him £80k a week. That's £20m over 3 years. Chelsea will have spashed out the same amount over 3 years. Newcastle will have paid an awful lot more for Owen over 3 years. The wages are high but everything has to be taken into account and I'm sure a few teams would have paid Ballack that if they got him on a free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

I would imagine to keep peace in the camp - its a large signing on fee and wages equal to highest earner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

SO whos next on the Chelsea hit list?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

jesus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Steve Finnan.

I think Mourinho confirmed yesterday that there's 4 players transfer-listed; Eidur Guidjohnson, Hernan Crespo, Carlton Cole and Glen Johnson, with Maniche on his way back to Moscow. Didn't seem to say anything about Jarosik though.

also said , according to today's guardian that Huth and Pidgeley (gk) are for sale and that Drogba will not be allowed to leave.

Shame to see Carlton Cole leave, I think he has great potential.

and the BBC are staying there'll be a decision on Sheva next week !

el rabitos wrote:
    jesus?

i doubt they could afford him to be honest, although............

And i think shev-boy has a soul. He's too nice to sell it too chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

el rabitos wrote:
    jesus?

Mourinho is good but he can’t compete with a manager like god tbh if Jesus know's what was good for him he would stay and develop his talent at heaven fc

• Advertisement

...taxi!

:p

bizmark wrote:
    Mourinho is good but he can’t compete with a manager like god tbh if Jesus know's what was good for him he would stay and develop his talent at heaven fc

hasn't even won the CL .... mid table championship at best.

i hear moses is expecting some major investment into fc holyrollers, maybe their the team for jesus to be at, mary magdelin is the new physio there i hear, so that might swing jesus's signature in their direction.

oops....have we gone off topic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

growler wrote:
    hasn't even won the CL .... mid table championship at best.

Theres rummors god and Lucifer have made up after the dispute about training arrangements and lucifer will be willing to return to the team so they could push for 4th.

....Ill stop now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

eyerer wrote:
    highest wage package ever?
    other players to demand parity?
    I'd say the £130k/week is averaged over the 3yrs contract which includes his signing on bonus. I heard it was something like £2m?

I'd say Lamps & Terry have clauses that they are to be the highest earners so Ballack getting £130k/week is good news for them.

"Hi honey, I'm home. The special one has just signed that diving git from Germany and he's paying him £130k/week, but don't woryy cos I just got an extra £50k/week for nothing....:D "

i have a feeling the rising wage structure within chelsea is going to brew jealousy and greed and be the downfall of chelsea!

Irony is near by, Ambros'es millions will come to haunt him*

*not at all an irony really, well i supose maybe...ahh i'm drunk! MUUUNNSTTEERR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

SO whos next on the Chelsea hit list?!

Well it appears from this report that it's Van Nistelrooy???
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/0523/shevchenko.html

Well it appears from this report that it's Van Nistelrooy???
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/0523/shevchenko.html

what a horrible thought :(

probably bull put out by RVN's management to get someone interested, if he ain't good enough for Fergie and Man Usa he in't good enough for us ( I hope)... then again he does score a few goals over a season.

growler wrote:
    what a horrible thought :(

probably bull put out by RVN's management to get someone interested, if he ain't good enough for Fergie and Man Usa he in't good enough for us ( I hope)... then again he does score a few goals over a season.
    He's well good enough for United, unfortunately it's just a clash of personalities that seems to be driving him out.
    He scored more goals than Drogba and Crespo this season, I think if Chelsea do lack something it's the predatory instinct of someone like Van Nistelrooy.

you're probably right, but I find it hard to take to players that defect from opposition that I have spent years harassing from the terraces. :D

And I'd find it harder to look at him in a Chelsea shirt :(

In other news, Huth on the way out?
    http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article.asp?hlid=389412&CPID=4&clid=357&lid=2&title=Huth+admits+Chelsea+impatience

• Advertisement

i think he would improve chelsea, like was said, i think the likes of nistelrooy up front is what they are missing.

how did you feel about kenyon when he jumped ship? :)

edit: i can't believe milan would be in for drogba :eek:

Fully expected Huth to leave, can't blame the guy either he needs more games to develop.

Kenyon is detested by the fans at Chelsea , he's even more of a turncoat as he claimed to be a "fan" at Utd , plus he increased the cost of our pies...grrr.

Ferguson will do his best to avoid Ruud going to Chelsea.

eyerer wrote:
    how did you feel about kenyon when he jumped ship? :)
    I can't even look at him anymore without filling with hatred! Not only leaving, but leaving with United's long term plans and transfer targets. Th guy has no dignity. Growler said he's detested by Chelsea fans, that's not surprising. How can anyone have any respect for the guy?

I can't even look at him anymore without filling with hatred! Not only leaving, but leaving with United's long term plans and transfer targets. Th guy has no dignity. Growler said he's detested by Chelsea fans, that's not surprising. How can anyone have any respect for the guy?

what did he do that nobody else would do? took another job for more money?

brought uniteds long-term plans and transfer targets? duh, why wouldnt he?

dont get me wrong, i thinks he's a creepy looking yoke, but he didnt do anything, 9/10 other people wouldnt do and do everyday

el rabitos wrote:
    brought uniteds long-term plans and transfer targets? duh, why wouldnt he?
    You don't see anything unethical about bringing transfer targets to Stamford Bridge?
    Don't get me wrong, United have been involved in a few questionable transfer dealings over the years (I'm sure someone will point out the tappings up of Van Nistelrooy) but I think that's a discussion for another day, I'm just pointing out why I can't stand Kenyon. It was sneaky and back-handed.

It was sneaky and back-handed.

yeah it was. i dunno about u, but if i was in his shoes i'd do the same thing every time. you dont win any league titles by being sentimental

el rabitos wrote:
    you dont win any league titles by being sentimental
    True, but you can't expect any United fan to be understanding. I'm sure you'd be a bit peeved if Rick Parry or someone high up at Liverpool did the same thing.

You don't see anything unethical about bringing transfer targets to Stamford Bridge?
    Don't get me wrong, United have been involved in a few questionable transfer dealings over the years (I'm sure someone will point out the tappings up of Van Nistelrooy) but I think that's a discussion for another day, I'm just pointing out why I can't stand Kenyon. It was sneaky and back-handed.

Im with Nec on this. I dont think Kenyon has anything as a business man that couldnt be found elsewhere.

True, but you can't expect any United fan to be understanding. I'm sure you'd be a bit peeved if Rick Parry or someone high up at Liverpool did the same thing.

dont get me started on parry, i think he's uselss. i'd have kenyon at liverpool in a flash, as much as i dont like him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement