Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Big Blue Chelsea Summer Extravaganza

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

My God I hate Kenyon. What a mercenary!

Anyway, I think Shevchenko will go to Chelsea for a Crespo/Gallas swap deal. There'll probably be some money involved on top of that but that would appear to compensate Milan enough for selling one of the best players in Europe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

el rabitos wrote:
    yeah . you dont win any league titles by being sentimental

what has kenyon done to win us the league ? He has russian billions to play with, a fantastic and modest manager and a quality team, any decent business man could do the same as what he hass achieved, whatever knowledge he brought wasn't worth having to employ a manc fan at chelsea, thats just plain wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

what has kenyon done to win us the league ? He has russian billions to play with, a fantastic and modest manager and a quality team, any decent business man could do the same as what he hass achieved, whatever knowledge he brought wasn't worth having to employ a manc fan at chelsea, thats just plain wrong.

we'll see what ur saying next week when he signs shevchenko for you

that's more down to JM or RA than kenyon I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

that's more down to JM or RA than kenyon I'd imagine.

everything of significance that goes on at chelsea regarding players coming in goes through kenyon.

when chelsea won the lottery 2 years ago they wanted the best and they hired kenyon, the took yer man arneson(sp?) from spurs for the same reason. they want the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

How's Robben working out for you guys? Not a bad player is he.
    Kenyon's true stolen worth will come to fruitition, the battle you saw over Obi Mikel was only a small part of a bigger game. Chelsea have aggressivly gone after the talent that United had been monitoring, and now it fills up their youth teams.

Players that are unhappy :

Gallas
    Huth
    Carvalho
    Drogba
    Crespo

The list gets bigger and bigger by the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

PHB wrote:

Gallas
    Huth
    Carvalho
    Drogba
    Crespo

5 long days that :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

PHB wrote:

Gallas
    Huth
    Carvalho
    Drogba
    Crespo

thats the same sized list someone else posted a little over a week ago in the Gallas Asks To Leave Chelsea thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

with a pretty much a full squad of international players who all expect to be in the first team week in week out, and would be with any other club, you cant blame them getting pissed off sitting on the bench...

its not good for the plaers either(Duff, SWP) so i'd say there's more than 5 players unhappy at chelsea... the only 1's i could say are happy for sure are Terry
    Lampard(?? even have doubts here)
    Makelele(sp?)
    Cech
    Joe Cole.

its very few players who expect to be in the Chelsea first 11 week in week out, with a run in the cup, the champions league, carling cup and the natural tiredness the effects players towards the end of the season its not realistic for them to expect it.

PHB, (welcome back btw) do you think that Kenyon is actively involved in the purchase of players ? I would expect JM and his scouts, youth team managers ( and sky sports reality shows) to be involved in selecting who is given youth contracts, trials etc. At the top end I would expect Kenyon to be involved in wages, transfer fees, agents bribes etc. but who we sign is down to JM and his staff.

heaing that Carlton Cole will sign for Spurs in the next day or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

PHB, (welcome back btw) do you think that Kenyon is actively involved in the purchase of players ? I would expect JM and his scouts, youth team managers ( and sky sports reality shows) to be involved in selecting who is given youth contracts, trials etc. At the top end I would expect Kenyon to be involved in wages, transfer fees, agents bribes etc. but who we sign is down to JM and his staff.

Oh yeh totally, but he is also in charge of keeping an eye on every single player. His job is to make sure the talent isn't stolen basically. So when Obi Mikel didn't sign for Chelsea and went to United, he would have stepped in and been aware of this. Because of this, he knows about absolutely everyone, and knew about everyone that United were tracking.

So when he went to Chelsea, he basically, copied the short lists that you make in FM manager, and brought them to Chelsea, Jose said, ok, and worked off them.
    After that, he has no real job, except to monitor etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Kalou destined for the Bridge.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=29921&d=1148567107

Dont know this guy. Any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

PHB wrote:
    Oh yeh totally, but he is also in charge of keeping an eye on every single player. His job is to make sure the talent isn't stolen basically. So when Obi Mikel didn't sign for Chelsea and went to United, he would have stepped in and been aware of this. Because of this, he knows about absolutely everyone, and knew about everyone that United were tracking.

So when he went to Chelsea, he basically, copied the short lists that you make in FM manager, and brought them to Chelsea, Jose said, ok, and worked off them.
    After that, he has no real job, except to monitor etc.

I'm not a chelsea fan and I have as much love for Kenyon as anyone else here, but I'd have to disagree with you there. He's a suit, he has no contacts within the game other than with other suits. Mourinho or Arnesen would give him a list of players they want signed, and he goes and negociates with the agent and club (in whatever order he/they thinks best). It would have been Mourinho or Arnesen that would have got Kenyon to start negociating with Obi Mikel post signing for MU. Mourinho had been quoted before Mikel signed for MU that they had spotted a great midfield talent and were trying to negociate for him.

Kenyon's day to day work other than negociating transfers, is giving the usual interviews, looking for commercial opportunities that mean they don't lose 140 million every year [and rumour has it, get on Mourinho's t*t's and referee between mourinho and arnesen]. I doubt he's responsible for monitoring the status of every [youth] prospect they've identified, nevermind pull the outrageous stunt they've pulled with Obi Mikel without the say-so of Mourinho and/or Arnesen.

As for Mourinho working off the list from Kenyon, its possible I suppose, but post Ambramovich I'd say they built up a huge array of scouts worldwide, and now that Arnesen is there, I'd say they probably have the biggest and most effective scouting system in the world.

• Advertisement

Mourinho had been quoted before Mikel signed for MU that they had spotted a great midfield talent and were trying to negociate for him.

Yes, that's because United were after him for years before. So when Kenyon moved, he had the knowledge of that player.
    I doubt he's responsible for monitoring the status of every [youth] prospect they've identified, nevermind pull the outrageous stunt they've pulled with Obi Mikel without the say-so of Mourinho and/or Arnesen.

All the major targets he takes a main role in, just like he did for Man Utd. I think you are underestimating the role of the clubs director.
    They would so what they are told by Mourinho but they would then do it independently.

p.s. He said publically when he went to Chelsea he was bringing the list of all United's transfer targets with him.
    but post Ambramovich I'd say they built up a huge array of scouts worldwide, and now that Arnesen is there, I'd say they probably have the biggest and most effective scouting system in the world.

I'm sure they have, but that would set them up for about 3 years time, when their scouts are ahead of the game.
    Chelsea have been living off Kenyon's list, infact nearly all of their signings are either
    from Porto
    or from United transfer targets.
    A few havn't been, see Drogba or Del Horno, and now the big name players that everybody can see are talented.

But in general, that was their basis. Now though, they are starting to rely on their old list, as the list is beginning run out.

PHB wrote:
    p.s. He said publically when he went to Chelsea he was bringing the list of all United's transfer targets with him.

I don't recall him saying anything of the sort, I'm not saying he didn't bring such knowledge with him....you can't delete the appropriate brain files, but surely not even Kenyon is that stupid ? have you a link to this claim ?

Sorry my mistake, Ambrovimich said publically that was the reason, not Kenyon.

I'll try find a link, but it was when Kenyon moved like 3 years ago so I don't know if I'll be able.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I will give you a bajillion bucks if you can produce a reputable link.

PHB wrote:
    Sorry my mistake, Ambrovimich said publically that was the reason, not Kenyon.

I'll try find a link, but it was when Kenyon moved like 3 years ago so I don't know if I'll be able.

that would be even stranger considering Abramovich doesn't give interviews. But I'm sure you're correct, just like you were about Man Utd. never paying agents.

• Advertisement

" Mourinho Inter bound - Reports
    2006-05-28 15:21:00.0
    Reports in the Corriere della Sera claim that Inter have lined up a deal to take Jose Mourinho to Serie A.

Despite current tactician Roberto Mancini being confirmed for next season it is reported that the Nerazzurri have struck a deal that will see the Chelsea boss take over the reins at the San Siro for the 2007-08 campaign.

The Italian newspaper quotes Mourinho as having told them: "I'm not going to Inter this year." However, the article goes on to suggest the only reason this agreement would fall through is if Mancini is able to win the Scudetto or Champions League next season.

Chelsea have so far opted against commenting on the report although it is expected they will offer a complete denial of the speculation in the near future. "

Can see this being a possibility, Jose to the rescue !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

PHB wrote:

Handy that.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

PHB thats utter crap about Kenyon/Abram/<insert any other name here> quoting their list as the reason for the move. Even if that was the case and a part of me thinks that it was they would never admit it in public. I await that link but like most of your posts I'm sure you wont be able to find such a link.

It is well known that when Kenyon moved he did hijack targets that he had whilst at United and took them to Chelsea. Another move that has been rumoured but never proven is that he purposly sabotaged the Ronaldinho to United move as he knew he was leaving United and also knew Chelsea wouldn't get Ronnie. Again unfounded by rumoured none the less.

Kenyon's job is changing at Cheslea now though. He did have his list of players and they went through them however it appears that that list has run out and Uniteds tac post move has changed and pretty much rendered him in that area useless. His job is now what it always was going to be once the players were in place and a title secured and that is brand expansion. You see more of him now in the far east and securing deals with other clubs/corporate bodes etc... He still does day to day contract negotiations but the over all say there is not him. Thats down to the man they call the super agent, Zahavi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

the quality of PHB's posts do seem to have declined, especially since his ranting over CL final, who is this Zahavi person iregk?

Any news on the Scheva deal? has he agreed terms with chelsea, it's just a case of Milan getting what they want now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Chelsea have agreed to sign Feyenoord striker Salomon Kalou.

The 20-year-old striker will move to Stamford Bridge, subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms.

Kalou was born in Ivory Coast but failed in a bid to obtain Dutch nationality in order to play for Holland at this summer's World Cup.

so is he playing for the ivory coast in this years world cup?
    I wonder will the people from Ivory accept him,
    they have some team already, and are still 4thfavourites to qualify from their group!
    Toure,eboue, drogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Big Nelly wrote:
    Chelsea have agreed to sign Feyenoord striker Salomon Kalou.

The 20-year-old striker will move to Stamford Bridge, subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms.

Kalou was born in Ivory Coast but failed in a bid to obtain Dutch nationality in order to play for Holland at this summer's World Cup.

possibly a replacment for carlton cole?

I thought he was more of a win(g)/(n)er.

Sandals wrote:
    the quality of PHB's posts do seem to have declined, especially since his ranting over CL final

Since when where they ever top drawer? Thats another argument but thats not what drives people mad. What annoys people are these facts that he constantly comes up with with no proof what so ever.
    Sandals wrote:
    Any news on the Scheva deal? has he agreed terms with chelsea, it's just a case of Milan getting what they want now?

As far as I know the Sheva deal is agreed on a personal level, the only thing thats left is the two clubs coming to an agreement of fee etc... Oh and your other question Zahavi (first name escapes me at the moment) is generally known in the industry as the super agent. He does all the deals and contract negotiations for players. From what I heard a couple of years back he is often thought of as the best agent in the game, hance why they hired him.

Pini Zahavi, an Israeli Jew, pal of Abramovich's, apparently very involved in his purchase of Chelsea and since he is a foreign agent not even licensed to work in the UK by the FA they can't touch him, basically if you want someone, he'll get him !

• Advertisement

Chelsea have reached an agreement with Feyenoord for the capture of Ivory Coast striker Salomon Kalou.

The 20-year-old striker, who netted 42 goals in 83 starts for Feyenoord, has put pen-to-paper on a four-year contract at Stamford Bridge.

"I didn’t dream of joining such a big club as early as this," Kalou said.

"I’m happy and proud that I will be able to tell my children and grandchildren that I played for clubs like Chelsea and Feyenoord."

So who is this guy?

Thank you Iregk for the great reply,

cheers to growler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

growler wrote:
    a fantastic and modest manager

who also called himself the "Special One"

You have to love that modesty! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

who also called himself the "Special One"

You have to love that modesty! :D

he sets the humility benchmark for us all. ;)

Evening Standard reporting today that Duff is on his way to Spurs, then again the Evening Standard rarely have a clue whats going on.

No idea who this Kalou fella is or what he's like, but still for a measly £100k might as well have him in case he turns out to be good, Arnesen hs to be seen to do something for his wads of cash. I see he ain't playing for Ivoy Coast though in the WC, wanted to play for Holland but couldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

£100,000? thought it was more like 10 million when the papers were linking him to chelsea a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

ah, here we are.
    The day 100k is referred to as measly :p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He's a very talented and quick striker/right winger. Likes to go it alone a bit too much though and is a bit of an ego. He repeatedly ignored call ups to play for his own country (Ivory Coast), presuming he'd get Dutch citizenship. He failed, so he's now U-turned and said that he'd like to play for the Ivory Coast after the world cup. I doubt he will though; seems he's fairly hated back home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

he won the johan cryff award for extreme talent in a youth or something like that.

• Advertisement

Is that not the equivalent of the pfa young player of the year award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Chelsea sign Third Choice keeper Hilario...

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=391179&CPID=8&clid=8&lid=2&title=Jose+confirms+keeper+arrival
    "I know that Hilario is intelligent and will help ensure that Chelsea, at the moment, have the best goalkeepers in the world," he explained.

"I have worked with him and think he has the perfect characteristics to integrate with our squad.

"He's very intelligent, perhaps more so than the majority of players, so to add this characteristic makes good sense."

Chelsea capture Israeli Starlet Sahar
    "I feel I can succeed at Chelsea," Sahar told Haaretz.

"There will be tough moments but I have a strong character and I don't intend to give up.

"At the end of the day, I will come out stronger and the move to Chelsea will help take my career forward.

"I have reached a point in my career that I have dreamed about and I don't intend to take a step back.

"I'm already thinking about the moment when Jose Mourinho comes to watch the youth team in training and he calls me over and tells me he is calling me up to the senior team because he liked what he saw."

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=391196&CPID=8&clid=8&lid=&title=Chelsea+%27capture+Israeli+starlet%27

You can already spot the Sun headline if Hilario has a bad game can't you.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Cue the hilarity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Sevchenko seems to be a done deal now. Just waiting on his medical before his British record transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Its a disheartening start to the summer for the chasing pack.

Really ****ing is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

suppose i better stick the link in here too :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/5035604.stm
    Chelsea have completed the signing of striker Andriy Shevchenko from AC Milan for a fee of around £30m.

The 29-year-old signed a four-year contract on Wednesday after agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.

"I am here for the challenge and the excitement of the Premier League," said the Ukraine captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I am here for the challenge and the excitement of the Premier League

who asked ya

• Advertisement
Advertisement