Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i sue BT?

• 13-05-2006 3:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

I have emails from Sharon Norton, BT complaints officer whereby she states in writing my endless and numerous billing issues. She breaks down all the figures and in the final analysis they owe me €119.17 (not sure if that's plus or minus VAT @ 21%).

So come May 24th when my new bill is issued and there are like no credits, based on previous broken promises and lies, do i have grounds for a lawsuit?

I retained all the emails and have documentary evidence, i'm just sick of being screwed by them. From now on i intened to pay them manually each bill at the post office, no DD.

If i don't see that the bill is what it should be they are not getting paid! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

<snip>...do i have grounds for a lawsuit?
    Watching a bit too much American tv?:D
    It's the small claims court for that ammount of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

If BT show in their email that they are aware of certain issues, but the next bill does not address these I would report them to the Data Protection Commissioner as they are not keeping proper records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Contact them by phone first. They have an excellent queue service that allows to to ring, hang-up, and they'll ring you back when you reach the top of the queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

BMH wrote:
    Contact them by phone first. They have an excellent queue service that allows to to ring, hang-up, and they'll ring you back when you reach the top of the queue.

lol you're kidding right?

Wertz wrote:
    lol you're kidding right?
    About what?

Phone calls > e-mails
    or
    the queue-service thing?

• Advertisement

About them actually ringing you back...there's no doubt that you'll get more resolution on the phone(relatively speaking) than you will by eMails that apparently go into some huge recycle bin file on BT's system...

Sorry, misread your post.

Perhaps they've changed it, but I specificly remeber using it about a year or two ago when I used their free BB trial. It was called "Queuebuster" or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

BMH wrote:
    About what?

Phone calls > e-mails
    or
    the queue-service thing?

i'm waiting for a call back at the moment. i rang in 2005

Ah, I take it back then, though I was always called back after 20 minutes or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Emails can be used in court, right?
    I mean, if Ms. Norton is the BT complaints officer and has made statements in writing, then it turns out i don't get the credits...then she then is personally responsible, right?

It's her JOB, she's supposed to know what she's doing and performing her job to the highest standard, right?

So if it turns out i get no credits then she should be held personally resposible for failing at her job, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

I got a debt collectors letter on behalf on BT !!!

The reason ??

They let a build up of 3 years of bills on a cancelled account get to the point where I was threatened with legal action if I didn't pay.

After numerous calls, threats of legal action and one point where I was nearly going to call into the place and storm up to the call centre office and strangle the muppet on the other end of the phone I received a letter saying I didn't owe them a cent.

I will never use them again and slate them to everyone who asks me about their BB service etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nearlyhappy

How come everyone is talking about the same person in complaints?

Is it possible there is only 1 complaints officer??

You know what? I wouldnt be at all surprised.....

She too handled my problems, but of course it was the same for me as everyone else....promises, promises but nothing done...

Nh

Sharon works with another girl called laura, only two of them are in that section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nearlyhappy

I'm just glad Boards.ie dont publish IP addresses like some other boards..... ;)

I think a lot of us moanin myrtls would find a mysterious outage all of a sudden....

Nh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭event

Emails can be used in court, right?
    I mean, if Ms. Norton is the BT complaints officer and has made statements in writing, then it turns out i don't get the credits...then she then is personally responsible, right?

It's her JOB, she's supposed to know what she's doing and performing her job to the highest standard, right?

So if it turns out i get no credits then she should be held personally resposible for failing at her job, right?

oh right, so if someone doesnt do their job 100% right, we can sue them?

what do you do for a living?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

i'm waiting for a call back at the moment. i rang in 2005
    LOL

event wrote:

If I don't do my job 100% right, I risk the reputation of the company I work for, risk being reprimanded and maybe dismissed because of it...ie; there are consequences...if the OP has made a complaint (several oin this case) and has been made empty promises then the company representative should be at the very least reprimanded for putting BT Ireland forward in a bad light...

event wrote:

I'm a lawyer :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'm a lawyer :)
    Heh, can't be that good a lawyer if you're asking Internet people for legal advice ;)

CuLT wrote:
    Heh, can't be that good a lawyer if you're asking Internet people for legal advice ;)

I'm an American lawyer, :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

touché!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Don't forget the old saying:
    "The man who chooses to represent himself, has an idiot for a client".:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Just send a few heavys around to the BT office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭event

Wertz wrote:
    If I don't do my job 100% right, I risk the reputation of the company I work for, risk being reprimanded and maybe dismissed because of it...ie; there are consequences...if the OP has made a complaint (several oin this case) and has been made empty promises then the company representative should be at the very least reprimanded for putting BT Ireland forward in a bad light...

and maybe she is

or maybe her superiors arent doing THEIR jobs

but to say you could sue her/them, i think thats laughable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

He can't sue her, he can sue them. To say he couldn't sue them, I think that's laughable. Whether he should or not is another matter entirely. Personally I think it's about time BT started getting their ass handed to them on a plate in court, even if it's only for a few quid at a time. Complaints have obviously don't f*ck all good, as anyone with a brain in their head will recognise at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

CuLT wrote:
    Legend for that. Richard... ona side note.. check your FS for the ramsinks.!;)

Just did Rip, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Hire a debt collection agency, preferably the one they use :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Skyuser wrote:
    Just send a few heavys around to the BT office.

I've thought of doing this a few times over the last few months. Maybe we can get a few of the more disgruntled BT customers together... anyone over 6' 5", 15 stone, maybe an ex second row from Munster, a few scars, and a skinhead???

If you fit this description I'm up for it... nothing else seems to work with BT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GregusManus

hmm, well I'm 6'4" and almost 16 Stone and i have issues with BT

Advertisement