Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Purchase Sin:Episodes 1 On Steam

Options
  • 13-05-2006 3:38pm

I have used my moms visa and my sisters visa and both give an error message saying that the credit card company have refused the order. And yet they have loads of credit avilable on them and also we rang the company and they said it was fine and no order have being submitted??! Is anyone else having this problem? I have tried several times, and have went over all the details numorous times but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'm having the same problem when trying to preorder HL2 episode 1 (mastercard here)
    i think the general consensus is that steam sucks cock for online orders, and you'll just have to keep trying.

• tman wrote:
    had the same problem myself when trying to preorder HL2 episode 1 (mastercard here)
    i think the general consensus is that steam sucks cock for online orders, and you'll just have to keep trying.
    Were you eventually succesful? And how many times did you have to try before you got the piece of ****e to work?

i gave up after trying it twice:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i just keep getting a connection error (This page can not be displayed)when i try to click on the purchase orders.

Seemingly it's a problem with my nforce ethernet drivers.

So basically i can't download episode one

Steam ****ing sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The nForce drivers and Steam sucks.

Although I've grown fond of Steam recently hasn't given any trouble at all.

• Advertisement

• RuggieBear wrote:
    i just keep getting a connection error (This page can not be displayed)when i try to click on the purchase orders.

Seemingly it's a problem with my nforce ethernet drivers.

So basically i can't download episode one

Steam ****ing sucks
    I dont think its a driver issue because i tried logging into my account using two other laptops and i still got the same billing errors. I even tried using my mates credit card still nout :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

M!Ck^ wrote:
    I dont think its a driver issue because i tried logging into my account using two other laptops and i still got the same billing errors. I even tried using my mates credit card still nout :/

Oh...I reckon your problem is different to mine. i'm not even getting as far as you

first off, go here and create a new support account.
    then send an email outlining the problem you've been having to steamsupport@support.steampowered.com

they actually have pretty damn good customer support
    (i suppose they'd want to with a product like steam:p )

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I had this problem when dod source was released first. Basically their credit card processing system is ridiculously anal about the details you fill in - everything has to match your billing details to the letter. They'll block your card after you try it and fail, until you get one of their support people to unblock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I bought episode 1 this morning no problem. I know the bank have my address details wrong, someone on the phone at the bank thought mullingar was in meath, so that's what on my statement. My bill still arrives, and I usually get by online [I put in my correct address online].
    Is sin going to be any good? Using Bianca Beauchcamp as an advertising tool will work on me i think :)

• Advertisement

• I bought episode 1 this morning no problem. I know the bank have my address details wrong, someone on the phone at the bank thought mullingar was in meath, so that's what on my statement. My bill still arrives, and I usually get by online [I put in my correct address online].
    Is sin going to be any good? Using Bianca Beauchcamp as an advertising tool will work on me i think :)
    Sorted it out by sending a email to valve, he reset the card error and the next time i tried it worked perfect, btw sin episodes is pretty disapointing for 20 euros
    cleared it in a few hours not even :/

Advertisement