Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scream - anyone ever read this when they were young?

Options
  • 13-05-2006 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I got 12 issues of Scream when I was young - It started in March 1984. I was in hospital at the time and the kid next to me had it and I was hooked for the short history that scream existed for - 2 years. It was a great new comic at the time and I have many happy memories from it. They were great stories in it like "The thirteenth floor" and "Monster". It lead me on to The Eagle which had Doomlord and the Thirteen Floor (which then pulled me over to Eagle for a few years).

Anyone remember Scream? There are a few fansites around with scanned issues of Scream now. Took my breath away since I had forgotten about it and lost the issues a few years after getting them - I never knew where though. :) But the scanned stories are as good as new. Sigh! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 johnnystress

i loved that comic- i still have all the issues!

here is a great site which features every issue;

http://www.backfromthedepths.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep... I used to love it as well...

I had that first issue with the free fangs and everything.

The Thirteenth Floor was always favourite of mine alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭deezoid

Alan Moore wrote loads of syuff for Scream. It was the comic that got me out of the Buster, Wizzer and Chips etc into Eagle and 2000 AD. I loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I loved it to bits, 13th floor and the dracula story, what did alan moore write for it then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭deezoid

Alan Moore wrote Monster (available online @ http://www.backfromthedepths.co.uk/TheGallery/Monster/1.1.htm ) and vatious other short bits and bobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Wow didn't know anyone else read this comic too!!
    13th floor was my fave too and deezoid it bridged the gap for me from whizzer and chips to 2000ad too :)

Thanks for the addy have to bookmark it read 13th floor again but I'd say the stories mightn't aged too well though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jtiernan

I totally forgot about this!! ha ha! ya used to read this and eagle etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Heh brings back memorys that, oink and battle action force every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

i loved that comic- i still have all the issues!

here is a great site which features every issue;

http://www.backfromthedepths.co.uk/

To this day I still don't know what happened to them. But it's great to have lot scanned again. That first 13th floor story still rings bell... the one where the money loaner gets put into a pacman like game up against tax collectors I think.

Eagle had a good story too - Doomlord - those issues too went walkies... harder to find those.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 johnnystress

hamster wrote:
    To this day I still don't know what happened to them. But it's great to have lot scanned again. That first 13th floor story still rings bell... the one where the money loaner gets put into a pacman like game up against tax collectors I think.

Eagle had a good story too - Doomlord - those issues too went walkies... harder to find those.

Doomlord has been repronted in a nice collection

by an Irish publisher no less

http://www.hiberniabook.bravehost.com/shop.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Looks Good. Wonder if it holds the classic strips around 1985-1987...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Wow, yeah! My brother, the idiot, having held on to his Scream collection for around 12 years, decided to throw them out in 1996 (along with his Shoots from 1983 to 1986). For shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

i remember buying this and i just read a book from the library called the ultimate book of british comics which was out last year and goes through all the british comics for the last 60 years
    it said that Scream was very collectible and i was trying to remember did i have any, so i'm going to have a look around in the attic to see if i have any left

Advertisement