Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB speed increse unfair !!

• 13-05-2006 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

This is really aimed at all those of us who were upgraded from the old 2mb package to the new 3mb BB package,..I was going to post this in the long running " Official new NTL BB Speeds (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ..." but I did not want it to get lost.
    I have just contacted NTL by email to complain about us former 2mb customers who had our speed increased to 3mb !!:mad: whilst all other existing customers
    had their speed doubled, even those on the cheaper package.

I told them that this is most unfair and that I will not put up with being treated in a less favourable manner then their other customers, I requested that they
    get back to me asap with a solution to this oversight on their behalf.

Does anyone else agree with my views on this ?
    Rgds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Calm down, it's the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What are you talking about? If you want a higher speed then pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Well it is free after all, and especially when you consider that they just dropped their prices by about a fiver.....:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

hahaha You are getting one of the fastest products on the market, for one of the lowest prices. Don't be so greedy.

If you want faster, then just pay an extra €10 and get 10m.

There is nothing unfair about that, you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm 2mb and I havent been upgraded at all, so shush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

how dare they give free upgrades!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭event

lensman wrote:
    This is really aimed at all those of us who were upgraded from the old 2mb package to the new 3mb BB package,..I was going to post this in the long running " Official new NTL BB Speeds (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ..." but I did not want it to get lost.
    I have just contacted NTL by email to complain about us former 2mb customers who had our speed increased to 3mb !!:mad: whilst all other existing customers

I told them that this is most unfair and that I will not put up with being treated in a less favourable manner then their other customers, I requested that they

Rgds

its people like you that make working in the broadband industry so hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

lensman wrote:

Rgds

How dare a company decide what services to provide and at whatever prices they want!!!!!

Bring on the communism I say, this free market clearly isn't working :rolleyes:

I can imagine all the NTL staff having a good laugh at your letter. "Mommy mommy, why did she get 3 sweets and I only got 1 sweet!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

yeah it was unfair :D but i got mine 10mpbs, so it's fair now. :p

u have to keep fighting for it, keep bugging them. that's what i did for 3 weeks. never give up sending e-mails, making phone calls. but i was never rude. somehow all the customer service operators i dealt with were very friendly and nice but it didn't stop me.

mart

p/s:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

WOW, It seems I managed to pi** off the NTL appreciation society,..
    if the ESB, Board Gas, Eircom decide to give some of their customers a better service than others would you also agree with this ?

oh and BTW “event” it never was hard working in comms industry if you knew you stuff, been there for 25yrs, all over the world for Stratus, Lucent, and others, I suspect you found it too hard though ? did'nt you state you once worked in NTL support

• Advertisement

How dare a company decide what services to provide and at whatever prices they want!!!!!

Bring on the communism I say, this free market clearly isn't working :rolleyes:

I can imagine all the NTL staff having a good laugh at your letter. "Mommy mommy, why did she get 3 sweets and I only got 1 sweet!!!"

With comments like that you must be one of those new breed who worship at the alter of management science, viva Hugo Chávez and long live the revolution.:p :p:p

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I probably wouldn't have gone the "discrrimination" route.

I'd most likely have asked nicely, rang back a few times continuing to ask nicely.

You get more done with a good attitude if the customer service people aren't dicks. A lot of these people won't have been in the business very long, (high staff turnover in customer services) so many of them won't be as jaded as, say, old women working at checkouts :) .

JPA wrote:
    What are you talking about? If you want a higher speed then pay for it.
    ah wait now big mouth..are you paying for your higher speed BB ? your comments here say your not,..did'nt you say this on the 10/05/2006 "I rang up a few weeks ago to ask to get my free upgrade from 2 to 3 meg. But I think those CS people got confused. I now have the 10 meg package.
    I think they know exactly what they're doing. They're teasing me. Sweet 1 meg a sec. *drools*
    Anyway I'm gonna deny I ever asked for this upgrade. Which is true."
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054902782&page=38

what's it like being caught with your pants down JPA ?

lensman wrote:
    ah wait now big mouth..are you paying for your higher speed BB ? your comments here say your not,..did'nt you say this on the 10/05/2006 "I rang up a few weeks ago to ask to get my free upgrade from 2 to 3 meg. But I think those CS people got confused. I now have the 10 meg package.
    I think they know exactly what they're doing. They're teasing me. Sweet 1 meg a sec. *drools*
    Anyway I'm gonna deny I ever asked for this upgrade. Which is true."
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054902782&page=38

what's it like being caught with your pants down JPA ?

You're not gonna last long with that attitude. And my situation is irrelevant to what you're saying.
    Do you think there should be one package or do you think that if people want a little more they pay a little extra?

Isn't that how life works? what if you were getting a flight to America. Is it unfair that some people get first class treatment? I mean you're both getting the same flight. It's not fair.
    Oh wait, they paid a hundred euro more. So they get a better service.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I think your starting argument here, JPA, should have been that pants are communist, so you don't wear them, then to claim lensman is a communist, and round up a small lynch-mob.

I feel I may be missing some important details here.

Were NTL customers not generally upgraded to the next newer package, rather than "have their speeds doubled"? Because if that's the case, then lensman is clearly an eejit.

Well I have since been in contact with NTL and am being downgraded which I don't mind. But if I wanted the higher package, well, I'd pay for it.

lensman wrote:
    With comments like that you must be one of those new breed who worship at the alter of management science, viva Hugo Chávez and long live the revolution.:p :p:p

Well no, I just understand that it's pointless to cry at NTL because they didn't set their pricing and service levels to suit you.

JPA wrote:
    Well I have since been in contact with NTL and am being downgraded which I don't mind. But if I wanted the higher package, well, I'd pay for it.
    :rolleyes: well that's ok so,:rolleyes: bulls*it
    BTW NTL said they value my custom and are putting me on the max package for 1yr at no extra cost,...:D :D:D so as they say "a dumb priest never got a parish"

Roen wrote:
    Well it is free after all, and especially when you consider that they just dropped their prices by about a fiver.....:rolleyes:

I don't agree it's free and they need to drop their prices a lot more,..don't forget we have to pay E19.99 for the basic cable TV package before they will supply you with BB,. we can't have NTL BB alone.

JPA wrote:
    You're not gonna last long with that attitude. And my situation is irrelevant to what you're saying.
    Do you think there should be one package or do you think that if people want a little more they pay a little extra?
    not gonna last long ! please clarify
    Listen JPA, in the other post you bragged & ran off at the mouth about NTL's oversight which resulted in you getting a 10mb service for the price of the 3mb package, and you have the neck to give me advise about paying more for the extra BB speed,...but I think your a bit of a spoofer anyway,..:eek:

• Advertisement

lensman wrote:
    BTW NTL said they value my custom and are putting me on the max package for 1yr at no extra cost,...:D :D:D so as they say "a dumb priest never got a parish"

And they told you this at 11 o'clock on a Saturday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

JPA wrote:
    And they told you this at 11 o'clock on a Saturday night?

I like lamp and NTL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭event

lensman wrote:
    if the ESB, Board Gas, Eircom decide to give some of their customers a better service than others would you also agree with this ?

oh and BTW “event” it never was hard working in comms industry if you knew you stuff, been there for 25yrs, all over the world for Stratus, Lucent, and others, I suspect you found it too hard though ? did'nt you state you once worked in NTL support

no never worked for NTL

and try not to make assumptions about people, its rude

perhaps its was never hard for you because you never had to deal with pain in the a*se customers like yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Jonnie_Onion

You mean the way you're getting the Max package for the same price as everyone else on the 2mb package?

event wrote:
    no never worked for NTL

and try not to make assumptions about people, its rude

perhaps its was never hard for you because you never had to deal with pain in the a*se customers like yourself

Did'nt you once state that you worked in a BB tech support ? perhaps it was Eircom !!!:eek:

CuLT wrote:

I feel I may be missing some important details here.

Were NTL customers not generally upgraded to the next newer package, rather than "have their speeds doubled"? Because if that's the case, then lensman is clearly an eejit.
    I'll ignore the "eejit" comment and re-try again,..

old 1mb package upgraded to 2mb free,...doubled :D
    old 2mb package upgraded to 3mb free...not doubled :(
    old 3mb package upgraded to 6mb free...doubled :D

spot the difference !!!....it's a fact that those people who were on the old 2mb package came out of this 2nd best,...anyway I got my extra sweeties so happy now,........THE END.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It'smuch worse than that! my 6mb package is giving me 10mb downloads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

lensman wrote:

:rolleyes: Yeah, that sounds likely.

Even if it was true (:D), you titled the thread: NTL BB speed increse(sic) unfair !!

So what's your position now?

ps:
    lensman wrote:
    so as they say "a dumb priest never got a parish"

Who are 'they' and why would they say this? It's weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mossieh wrote:
    Who are 'they' and why would they say this? It's weird.
    "Dumb" as in "unable to speak", not dumb as in stupid :)

• Advertisement

lensman wrote:
    I'll ignore the "eejit" comment and re-try again,..

old 1mb package upgraded to 2mb free,...doubled :D
    old 2mb package upgraded to 3mb free...not doubled :(
    old 3mb package upgraded to 6mb free...doubled :D

spot the difference !!!....it's a fact that those people who were on the old 2mb package came out of this 2nd best,...anyway I got my extra sweeties so happy now,........THE END.

Rofl, love your definition of fair.

Advertisement