Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB speed increse unfair !!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Well after a night's sleep I feel must come clean,...NTL did contact me this morning,..god bless them!!,.they explained that it was not possible to upgrade me from 2mb to 4mb as their system is configured for 1,2,3 & 6mb packages.

I asked how is it possible that some folk on the 6mb package are actually connecting at a up to 10mb, she said that all customers who are on the 6mb connection really have been upgraded to a 10mb connection but due to some issues with modem's and the actual outdoor coax cable in some areas some customers may not realise faster connection speed's then the official 6mb,..fair enough.
    I asked how is one to know if they are one of the lucky one's who will achieve the higher connection speed's ? she said there is no way of knowing until you upgrade, ok again fair enough.

I asked would I get a refund for the 1 month I waited to be upgraded from 2 to 3mb or could I get a month trial on the max package,she went away for a moment but returned with the good news that she had requested that I be upgraded to the faster package for 1 month free, ie: still paying the 3mb price of €29.99 , she added that I would have to contact them again should I wish to downgrade or else I would be billed €39.99 after the month was up.
    I said ok and within 15min I was upgraded, that must be a record..:D
    At the moment my speeds are very erratic & unstable,. I am downloading at over 700kbs even 800kbs+ if I use IDM but speedtest.ie is swinging between
    4~6mb,...I was getting more stable speeds on the 2 & 3mb connection !! hope it levels out.
    Rgds Kinda happy BB user ;)

Advertisement