Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embed music into a site?

Options
  • 13-05-2006 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi all;

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good program i can use to create playlists and embed them into a player for use on my site??

I use FLAM player but i keep getting a CGI error saying that the file returned a full set of HTTP errors... (if someone can help me here i would be grateful also)

Thanks all,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Check this out...
    An application composed by: (1)A Flash tool able to read a XML configuration file and display an album collection (a tipical mp3 compilation CD)interface and play mp3 files in various modes (continuous, random, user list) and (2) a delphi tool able to ma......

http://sourceforge.net/projects/flashmp3explore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Have you considered not doing this?

Nothing worse than music on a website imho. If I wanted to listen to music, I'd put some on myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Or make the music opt-in only. That is, have a small link at the top saying something along the lines of "If you wish to hear the music whch accompanies this site, click here..."

Quite often I'll have my own music on, or I'll be in work, and there's nothing more irritating than music playing from a website.

lads he said nothing about having the music auto play

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

seamus wrote:
    Or make the music opt-in only. That is, have a small link at the top saying something along the lines of "If you wish to hear the music whch accompanies this site, click here..."

Quite often I'll have my own music on, or I'll be in work, and there's nothing more irritating than music playing from a website.
    lads he said nothing about having the music auto play

Exactly Rollo ;) :P Its going to have a link that you click on to hear the music; not auto play; autoplay is a waste of time and it annoys visitors as you said seamus.

Im gonna check that link out later; thanks :)

Dave

• Advertisement

Mate; that program looks pretty neat... only thing is you cant download it... It says its not available yet..?? Do u know what the problem is ?

Dave

not quite too sure whats happening there. I have come across about 4 mp3 / flash / streaming media players on sourceforge in the past 3 months. Can't remember any specific names but if you do a search with the above keywords you will find them.

You can check this out too
    http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=Flash_MP3_Player
    Its a bit over used in my opinion thou but it will what you want it to do.

edit : Oh! new interface on his player! meh

Sweet. Thank you :)

Hi all,...

I installed the flash mp3 player as shown and when i try to view it this is what comes up; http://halofest.net/flashmp3player/MACOSX/mp3player.swf .... abasalutly nothing lol

Anyone help??

Thanks,
    Dave

where are your playlist files?

Why are you using the MACOSX folder? You should be using the files that are located in the root of the extrated folder. So the one html page, one swf and two xml files are located in the same folder and within that folder you have the mp3 folder containing your mp3's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement