Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daedalus open tomorrow?

Options
  • 13-05-2006 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Is the Daedelus open tomorrow? All my quants notes are powerpoint and my pc doesn't have it.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

its not even open today man, always closed on sundays afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

If you've got broadband at home, you could do worse than downloading Open Office. It has a powerpoint like thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Download a powerpoint viewer from the net. They're crap but they do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

you can download a free powerpoint viewer. Printing the pages will use all your ink but ya know. You need it .

Because I Love you Firespinner. you can thank me later

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Thanks I wuv you guys.
    I never heard of a power point viewer before. Now I can stay at home!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Waltons wrote:
    If you've got broadband at home, you could do worse than downloading Open Office. It has a powerpoint like thingy
    Is it safe? I used Grime's microsoft one to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I tried openoffice before and found it to be a pain in the backside, stick with the PP viewer, simple and effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

PP viewer is perfectly safe but you cant to the "print 6 slides on 1 page" thing so it eats your paper and ink. I was getting some weird looks in my car before the exams with about 500 pages with one sentence on each one .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Is it safe?

*spot the quote!*
    You're talking to me? Is what safe? Yes, it's safe, it's very safe, it's so safe you wouldn't believe it. No. It's not safe, it's... very dangerous, be careful.

Well, I've used openoffice a fair bit and have found it to be quite handy. If you'd just looking at the slides, it might be better to use the viewer, but if you're going to print them out, it might be beneficial to use Open Office.
    There aren't any viruses on it, or anything, and it's free, so you could download it and give it a shot anyway, to see if you like it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well I use NeoOffice/J on my Mac (like OpenOffice, but doesn't require X11 on OS X) for viewing any PowerPoint stuff... thankfully most of my lecturers are sensible enough to put their notes in .pdf format which can be viewed anywhere :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone know what time the library opens and closes at tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

9am till 9pm afaik.

Advertisement