Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

best network for cross border use?

• 13-05-2006 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

as the title suggest.. which is the best network for calling northern ireland from the south and vice versa?

i'm getting a bit sick of carrying two phones around all of the time and i'm wondering is there a network the caters for this kind of thing?

ideally, a prepay option would best suit but wouldn't mind a decent contract either.. anybody else in this situation found a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

well if your calling the UK on 3 its included in your minutes so basically its free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

as I understand it a southern 3, Vodafone or O2 phone has possibilities. It depends on whether you call Northern landlines or mobiles and the proportion of time you are on each network. 3 have a 50% thing where you can make calls in NI & GB within your minutes but only up to 50% of the minutes. Vodafone charge a fee (maybe 26c) for calls on their Irish PAYG in NI, O2 dont appear to charge anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

Yeah as 1huge1 says, 3

Advertisement