Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vonnegut

Options
  • 13-05-2006 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Sorry if there's a thread.

I've read Slaughterhouse V, Mother Night and Timequake and really liked them all. I just got Hocus Pocus out of the library. Anyone else into the books/his art?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭curious_george

I've read Cat's Cradle and Breakfast of Champions, they are both very good. I especially like Breakfast of Champions, it's a very accurate portrayal of American society, you should check it out.
    I didn't realise he did art (in the everyday use of the word), is it any good?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, I read slaughterhouse 5 back in Ireland but since coming here I've started reading a lot more of his.. think I own 9 or ten now and I got a couple out of the library as well... he's great. Some of his books aren't as good as others, but they're all farking fantastic imo.

his new one, while ridiculously short and 'artsy' was pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lee Smartie

I've read The Sirens of Titan only, but as i like it, i'm in to read some more of his books:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I saw an interview with him on PBS in the States a few weeks back, he seems to be a sound guy. Would love to be stuck in a lift with him :)

Advertisement