Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanyo TVs - are they OK?

• 13-05-2006 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a new TV to last a few years until HD & LCD/Plasma have reached an acceptable price & quality.

I'm looking at a Sanyo 28" widescreen in Power City for €329.95. I particularly like the fact that it's available in black!

Can't find anything here on boards to suggest there's anything wrong with Sanyos. So here's your last chance to change my mind before I buy it tomorrow. I'd also be happy to read reassuring comments ;)

Link to model in question

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

They're OK. Is that model a flat screen, or one of the slightly curved tubes?

Some previous models had dodgy CRT's. Can't remember if they were Thomson or Philips CRT's, most likely Philips.

Would you consider a 28" Samsung? Good prices, flatscreen tube and quite a good set.

Avoid Bush/Goodmans/Beko/etc if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Thanks byte. The Power City Sanyo is a flatscreen.

Where might I find a 28" Samsung?

byte

BendiBus wrote:
    Thanks byte. The Power City Sanyo is a flatscreen.

Where might I find a 28" Samsung?
    There should be plenty of retailers about Dublin selling Samsung.

Bear in mind though that the Samsung is available in any colour as long as it's silver! :)

If you really want black, I'd say the Sanyo is your best bet since it's also flatscreen.

Sanyo it is then. Probably.

Ill need to see if there's a stand for it (and how much). I presume Power City charge for delivery? Can't carry a CRT on the 78A! Not even an itty bitty 28" one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

never had trouble with a beko tv

• Advertisement

Power City were sold out of the Sanyo CRT today :( More on order I was told so they'll phone me tomorrow with an update.

Update: No Sanyos on order :( Sanyo don't even make them any more apparently.

Got a JVC 28" pure flat widescreen (in black) in DID instead. €449 incl stand & delivery. To arrive on Wednesday.

http://www.didstore.com/store_detail.asp?modelcode=AV28T5BRC&subid=1

Got my 28" widescreen JVC CRT today. It looks enormous beside my existing 21" 4:3 set. :D

byte

Good job. I assume it's a AV-28T5B. Should be good enough set. I've a JVC 28" (non-flat) widescreen about 5 years. Was one of few at the time to have 3 Scart sockets, where you could choose what was output from AV2 (handy when connected to a hifi). She's still going strong! :)

byte wrote:
    Good job. I assume it's a AV-28T5B.

That's the one. I'm very happy. The picture beats the pants of any LCD or Plasma and at only a fraction of the cost :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

BendiBus wrote:
    The picture beats the pants of any LCD or Plasma and at only a fraction of the cost :D
    You must of been looking at the ones setup in Power City so :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement