Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom santry problems

• 13-05-2006 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone having problems in the santry area?

I haven't be able to use the net for 2 days (im using dial-up now).

I get the DSL light but my router isn't connecting to the eircom bb server.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

not to seem smart, but have you called them and what did they say?

also, have you changed any of the settigns on your router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Crazee Repo

I'm on ESAT with an Eircom line in Santry and haven't had broadband since Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Apparently one of their servers is down but 3 days seems a long time for a server to be down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ANewee

Ditto, down since Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lynchie

Its been down since lunchtime on Thursday.. Great service isn't it???

Anyway, I was told they had a broken fibre optic pair that was causing the issue. They have since replaced that and now this morning I've been told that one of their ATM cards has had to be replaced at the exchange. So still not being given an ETA as to when our connection is back..

Lucky we have a failover onto a wireless connection. The other companies in our office block have had 0 internet since Thursday...

I was told it was only business accounts that were affected. You business or residential?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ANewee

Residential.....They told me that they would be compensating customers....but I'll only believe it when I see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Second weekend in a row that my eircom broadband has been down.

Residential customer here in the Santry exchange: noticed my broadband crawling to a halt from Thursday morning - 3kb downloads etc and then coming to an end around Thursday evening. Been ringing Eircom routinely ever since as my college dissertation was due on Friday (now extended until today, but still no net, so not much use!) and no internet access = no modern research = disaster.

Anyway, that's not a patch on last weekend's outage when, after two hours of being bounced between customer service agents, they finally concluded that the reason for my three days outage (Friday-Sunday) was that somebody had accidentally deleted my account. Compensation? Damn right. Customer service gave me the number to claim - I don't have it to hand, but I'll certainly be posting it when my connection is back.

I'm somewhat surprised that this isn't affecting more people, so I'd be coming to the conclusion that it might only be a certain portion of the Santry exchange that is out? It would explain the lack of priority and the extremely long repair time (we're in the fifth day now?)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Well on Sat morning I was using my bband in Crumlin, went to make some toast and when I came back. BAMN. Gone.

NO DSL Sync on the router, nothing.

Was treated like a moron on the phone, asked had I "messed" with the wires etc etc.

Raised a support ticket, was told I would get a call back, I didnt. Was told that it will cost me €60 if its found to be my fault.

Bit piss poor to be honest.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lynchie

They seemed to have resolved the situation as our connection is back working again.. Till the next outage...:eek:

Advertisement