Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing,not even red or sore??

Options
  • 13-05-2006 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    i just got my first piercing on tuesday but im finding it strange that it was never even sore or red.
    My older brother when he was younger got five eyebrow piercings in total and they all fell out.

Is it usual for some people to not even get even a little sore?

im still cleaning it and all,but i was just wondering was anybody elses experience like mine

12-05-06_1646.jpg
    Here it is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Yeah happens from time to time, all eyebrow piercings fall out eventually though, they're not a viable long term piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 CrazyGirl

never had an eyebrow piercing but all my other piercing weren't sore at all! you one of the lucky ones;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I didnt know eyebrow piercings werent a long term option, you sure?..il take your word for it then emmet :)
    My ear lobes didnt swell up, thought i was great, then as soon as i thought the healing period was over...BOOM! they swelled up! only after gettin back to normal now
    Dont take it for granted :D

The longest i've seen a normal eyebrow last was about 2years, that was pierced at 1.2mm with 3mm balls. There just isn't anything for the bar/ring to rest on there so its always pulling on the piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

Agreed that eyebrow piercings are pricks for rejecting but I've pierced / seen some last a lot longer than that. Its depends on the person really. I always use micro-bananabells now as opposed to micro-barbells as theres less pressure on the piercing and they tend to settle down easier.

To the origional poster, thats grand but dont be inclined to stop cleaning before the alloted time. 3 times a day for about 4 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

!_Brian_! wrote:
    Agreed that eyebrow piercings are pricks for rejecting but I've pierced / seen some last a lot longer than that. Its depends on the person really. I always use micro-bananabells now as opposed to micro-barbells as theres less pressure on the piercing and they tend to settle down easier.

To the origional poster, thats grand but dont be inclined to stop cleaning before the alloted time. 3 times a day for about 4 weeks.

i def won't be stopping with the cleaning.

just being curious but by looking at the pic would anybody be able to guess what size the ring is that i have?

it was the ring she put in,i can go back in about 4 weeks and get a new one for free,which:D is cool

Looks like a 1.6mm x 10/12mm to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My bellybutton piercing never hurt. Had it a month and clean it twice a day.
    It's great, don't complain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

It will probably take you a few times getting it pierced before it will stay for along time. It can be but behind the scarr tissue which holds it alot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

I'd of said 1.2 by 8 or 10 myself, judging from how small the ball looks. Hard to tell from the pic tho. Standard size for the eyebrow is 1.2 x 8 so unless you asked for something bigger thats the most likely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement