Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supreme Commander E3 Presentation

Options
  • 13-05-2006 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

http://taspring.clan-sy.com:8080/stats.html?info_hash=7b368a8ae740a8ad0eb9206600d0a888a29d7640

11 minute version with ChrisT doing the commentary. Only have a torrent for the moment but it's very fast. Tons of seeds.

This game is looking phenominal. It's got all the cool **** from Total Annihilation like the resource system, the wreckage and the land/sea/air coordinated battles.

New features in this video that I liked were the waypoint system. You can just fiddle around with the commands you've already issued instead of doing them over.

I was worried about a 3d camera being disorientating. But it seems you can move it around to something more cinematic, and then it springs back to your default orientation afterwards, so the enemy is still on the right, your on the left or whatever. Very cool idea that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Is the video supposed to be so stuttery?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Is this more cam footage or direct feed?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Shakey cam footage with stuttery sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

sound ran perfect for me and that game will be amazeing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

sweet jesus that looks phenomenal, 2007 cant come soon enough :eek:

CC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I want it's babies! Bloody hell it looks fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Raptor

It looks pretty amazing alright - anyone else find that even though it has cool novel control features, massive scale, brilliant graphics etc that the coolest part was the big red laser o' death sweeping across the battlefield ripping up the ground and units alike? :)

Yeah, that's called the Monkeylord.

A load of the more experienced unit makers in the community got together a few months ago and made it for Total Annihilation.

MonkeyLord_new_beam.png

There's a video of it running in the open source TA Spring engine as well.

TAUniverse.com were talking to Jeremy Ables at E3 and he said the Gas Powered Games fellas kept up with all the TA news and they were pretty impressed. It even crushes units that it steps on. A first for a TA unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

This looks phenomenal. Not the usual eye-candy improvements but a genuine step forward in Strategy games - grand scale with what looks to be a fantastic UI. I've played just about every RTS released over the last 9 years and I still go back to TA/Absolute Annihilation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

looks brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Excellent E3 demonstration, after seeing the game in motion screenshots dont do that game justice, it really does look incredable ingame, this game cant be released soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Holy crap!

This looks amazing! The E3 trailer is out also, you can get it here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/supremecommander/index.html?q=supreme%20commander

If you can get the HD version, you should - it's crazy!

There's a very fast torrent of the HD version up on SupComU. No registration required.

Advertisement