Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cheapest place to buy cameras?

• 13-05-2006 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend anywhere, retail or online, that is good on prices for miniDV cameras?

I'm looking into buying one for an upcoming advertisement I'm filming instead of renting. I'm looking for something similar to the Canon XM2, or the XM2 itself, at a decent price.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Okay... So it's in Manhattan... But it's filthy cheap, they have the best range and it'll be the most surreal time you ever have shopping for a camera. Seriously though I know a massive amount of people who plan their purchases around being in New York so that they can use this place. It really is the best i've ever seen.

Most importantly, they sell PAL equipment...

link
    link
    link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Yeah thanks mate I tried them, too expensive. I'd get raped for vat and import duty you see, and I'm not heading over to NY anytime soon.

I used them a few years back for a telescope and it was delivered no problem, so I'd have no trouble using them again, but unfortunately I'm not stinking rich.

Any EU shops you know?

On a different note, does anyone know the differences between the Canon XM2 and the Panasonic DVX-100B? Anyone ever used the Panasonic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

eBay have Canon and that for cheaper. About 2 grand for an xl if you get one at the right time.

Advertisement