Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Akercócke

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

like when he's playing a blastbeat but the riffs might be very slow/chilled.
    Thats exactly what I mean, beats that dont suit the rest of the song.
    It can sound very interesting and disjointed.
    Thats an interesting way to look at it alright, but in this case I dunno, it doesnt work for me

For me, it would have worked better if the drums accentuated what the rest of the band were doing instead of going on with a blast beat. A blast beat is a fairly boring choice aswell when the drums are standing out like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ah well, I like that style a lot, so what can I say? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭haunted-room

I bought the newest record because I heard the first track and I loved it immediately. Hower, I didnt like the rest of the album at all!
    Why does that always happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I love Akercocke, one of my favorite bands.....all that needs to be said really.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I saw Akercocke in TBMC a few years back with Sikth, thought cock was pretty much the right word for it. Wasn't feeling it at all. Having seen the discussion, I might give them another trial.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 006

how do you prononce akercocke:confused:

Kharn wrote:
    I saw Akercocke in TBMC a few years back with Sikth, thought cock was pretty much the right word for it. Wasn't feeling it at all. Having seen the discussion, I might give them another trial.

I was very sorry I missed that gig. In the UK, Akercocke supported Opeth, which quite frankly would have been one ****ing awesome gig beyond measure. You should definetly give them another go. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

006 wrote:
    how do you prononce akercocke:confused:

hackercocker(but the h is silent, and the r at the end is not very pronounced)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I was very sorry I missed that gig. In the UK, Akercocke supported Opeth, which quite frankly would have been one ****ing awesome gig beyond measure. You should definetly give them another go. ;)
    I can't remember where I read it, but in a review of that particular gig the writer struck upon something that's kinda true:
    "Can they write a chorus without it featuring the word Satan?"

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Finally picked up "Words That Go Unspoken..." and I must say, even though I'm not too partial to other metal bands in the league of Akercocke (even though they are pretty much in a league of their own), this album is insane, ESPECIALLY Shelter From The Sand, the serene-type interlude, and then this crazy electronic synth, and then back to the metal. Genius!

• Advertisement

Numina wrote:
    Finally picked up "Words That Go Unspoken..." and I must say, even though I'm not too partial to other metal bands in the league of Akercocke (even though they are pretty much in a league of their own), this album is insane, ESPECIALLY Shelter From The Sand, the serene-type interlude, and then this crazy electronic synth, and then back to the metal. Genius!

I know, they've quite amazing. I've still been listening to Words a hell of a lot since I got it. It's just an incredible album.

Advertisement