Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improvements in the region?? Westmeath

Options
  • 13-05-2006 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Recycling:
    Not sure if its the same in all the midlands but in Westmeath we have to pay for a Recycling bin tag!!! Its €6 as opposed to €8.. When i moved from Dublin i was pretty shocked.. its free in Dublin as it should be.. if they want people to recycle more then it should be free!!!

Although.. its only €2 to bring a car to the recycling ctr in marlinstown (mullingar). Brought a crap load today.. he did not have change of a €20 so let me in free :D

Transport:
    There does not appear to be a train that gets you in to Dublin early enough unless you are going to the city centre itself.
    Same goes for Buses unless there are private ones. For example there should be something that can get you in before 8am so you can get the luas etc wherever you are going for a 9am start.

Should be a local town like service for the big towns like Mullingar and Athlone. Im in Rochfortbridge so an hourly bus to and from mullingar would be great. So i do not need to drive. Like the one that serves Naas with smaller towns like clane etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

It is free in Cork and is picked up every other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Ah but Cork is its own republic Bhoy!!

Advertisement