Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3, the freeze machine.

• 13-05-2006 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

Well not such a great start. PS3 froze at E3.

Come Watch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

:( I thought this was going to be about not only would it be a good gaming system, but it would also keep my drinks crispy cool...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Its ealry software running all day on early hardware, not suprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Its ealry software running all day on early hardware, not suprising.
    If I was selling a car to someone, I would not want it stalling on me.

Skyuser wrote:
    If I was selling a car to someone, I would not want it stalling on me.
    Bad analogy, the two aren't nearly the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Lol don't you think I know that.

O dear god would you get your pic off your profile please, I can't stand looking at you.

• Advertisement

Then what a persuasive argument you were trying to make.
    O dear god would you get your pic off your profile please, I can't stand looking at you.
    Not me, and no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I only just 5 min ago read about a Xbox360 that froze midgame. on joystig.

Remember, all the software being shown is not 100% complete. There are still bugs to iron out. Bot all consoles and hardware being shown they are sitting in a hot convention centre, usually behind some glass or small space with little airflow and constantly running. Its not a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen my Xbox 360 freeze while I was playing it. The PSP is prone to occasional lock ups too. As are a lfot o PC games. Complex software can go wrong ocassionally.

Having said that I don't recall my Cube or PS2 having ever once locked up so I hope this isn't a trend in the industry. A devkit crashing 6 months before the console's launch is meaningless though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You must have a later PS2. The early ones were riddled with problems, huge amount of failures.

I thought it was funny that PS3 crashed during E3, but I don't think it means that much, it's early hardware early software, not the same as release hardware.

And, I hate to say this, I love my 360 but it has to be replaced now because it's broken (crashing constantly).

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

means nothing as people have said x360 has had a lot of problems in that area this is on e solitary stall of one machine that's not even ready yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

love it! 360 crash and "oh it's crap" PS3 crash and "oh it's just early code"...

god's toy wrote:
    love it! 360 crash and "oh it's crap" PS3 crash and "oh it's just early code"...

i don't remember anyone saying the 360 was crap because it crashed except the sony fanboys and just like the guys who are linked on this thread(obviously ninty and ms fanboys) they couldn't wait to jump on the first problems experienced with a dev kit machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Still it’s funny! Ah what a world we live in eh?

what i find funnier is the rumour that assasins creed was supposedly running on an x360 at the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

hairball wrote:
    what i find funnier is the rumour that assasins creed was supposedly running on an x360 at the show

why is that hard to believe?

Seems your leaning towards sony fanboism? I'm not saying I bleive it, but it's a possibility that it was running on a 360.

no you mistook what i meant, i 'm not any kind of fanboy at all, well i'm a games fanboy, what i meant was i can totally beleive it was running on an x360 at the very show were sony where trumpeting it as being exclusive to the PS3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

hairball wrote:
    no you mistook what i meant, i 'm not any kind of fanboy at all, well i'm a games fanboy, what i meant was i can totally beleive it was running on an x360 at the very show were sony where trumpeting it as being exclusive to the PS3

My mistake.

I do however think not matter how long it takes for the ps3 to come out (it's been delayed at least twice in the past), it will still have the most difficulties, and problems for developers to program for, especially the third party developers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

360's crashed at e3, a ps3 (devkit, no less) crashed at e3, robin williams crashed spore at e3.

this is what we call "computers". run any machine all day in a hot room with incomplete, buggy code and you'll get a crash at some point.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

:rolleyes:
    Skyuser wrote:

Oh, dear me. Stay on topic (not a request).
    fanboism?

Pot calls...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,936 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'd have been suprised if it didn't happen.

Advertisement