Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exhibiting

• 14-05-2006 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,608 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone here have any experience in actually exhibiting work? I ask because I have a few pieces that I'd be interested in subnitting, but not enough to actually set up an exhibition of my own. I work in pastels and I find them very expenisve to get framed.

I've seen some 'shared' exhibitions in the past - one that stands out was the Dublin Sketching and Painting Club (I think that's their name) in Dun Laoghaire.

Anyone know of any others?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I am currently in college and have entered and sold some work in various open exhibitions. Yes, framing is very expensive, an alternative way i use is to mount work on plywood (cut to size of work) edges painted white. but use fixative on soft pastels (if you use soft pastel) or could be smudged by touch. The downside of this is the work is not protected behind glass.

it is an acceptable way to present art work...

artieanna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,608 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hmm.... will have to try that one out! Where's a good place to find out about upcoming exhibitions? Thanks for the post!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

yes give it a try.. i had a post running for people to add open exhibitions to but i think its gone claremorris open (www.coearts.org) is coming up (mostly modern art) dont really know of many at moment will post if i find out about any more..

artieanna

Advertisement