Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business termination /p45 question

Options
  • 14-05-2006 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    looking for a bit of advice. I ran a ltd company for the past 2 years with just myself on the payroll. am in the process of shutting down the ltd company and have setup a small sole trader business and am taking a part time job also. How do i go about firing myself from the company and issuing a p45 to myself:)

any advice much appreciated.

jack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

There is a whole load of legal stuff you have to do to wind down a ltd company. Check out revenue.ie for details....it involves putting an ad in the national paper for a period of time declaring that the company is closing down and filing some forms winding up the company, getting the final accounts audited etc.... its isnt as straightforward as just "firing" yourself. In fact I dont think you even need to give yourself a P45 if you are the only employee....but really you need to check out what the legal requirements are.

Advertisement