Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moloney - "After Midnight" and beyond

• 14-05-2006 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember this show on 2FM a good while back? It had Amelia GoLightly on it about 12.10 every night? Well, I'm trying to find the bit of music he played at the start of the show, I think it was Faithless, but I was 12 when I used listen to it, so I'm not sure. Anyone know?
    Cheers, WP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

I'm not sure - sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Yeah, thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm puzzled. I don't remember him playing any music as an intro for the show. I always thought he came on after the news and that was it. Now, there was some background music for Amelia GoLightly but it was the generic 'A Prayer At Bedtime' sort of music afaicr.

Just to add, Insomnia by Faithless (which is what I'd imagine is the tune you might be thinking of) came out in 1996 so it was either a later incarnation of the show you are talking about or it was some earlier piece of music. I was in college around the time and can remember listening to the show around 94, possibley 93 and 96 was my last memory of listening to it. I don't actually know the air dates for the show overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

wet-paint wrote: »
    Yeah, thanks for that.

Your welcome - sorry it took so long !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I have very fond memories of this programme, I remember listening to it as student around 93' - '95. Anyone remember the Barry White tracks Moloney used to play to help lonely housemates get together? There used to be very relaxed interviews with musicians too, I'm convinced that some of the guests were jarred, another thing too was Moloney's love of the word "allegedly", I don't believe he ever finished a programme without using it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 henry11

I'm confused. I remember playing any type of music as an introduction to the show. I always thought it came after the news and that's all. Now, there was background music for Amelia Golightly, but it was the generic "A prayer at bedtime" afaicr kind of music.

Customised mugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I used to listen to this in bed. :D Amelia Golightly was very funny.

The only song I can associate with this show, however, was Robbie Robertson's "Somewhere Down the Crazy River", he played it a lot - it reminds me of drifting off to sleep... great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Why not ask the man himself-You will find him on FaceBook and he is very approachable.

Does anyone know if Mike Moloney still works as a DJ, if so, which station as I'd love to listen to one of his shows. Nostalgia is getting the better of me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

• Advertisement

Firetrap wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I see he is still playing Barry White :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Thanks a million for that folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Off topic here but does anyone remember Gerry Wilsons show that used be on before that? I thought it was very good and always listened in when studying for the Leaving Cert.

Advertisement