Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thoughts on next week's Smackdown?

• 14-05-2006 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

JBL said Rey won't believe who he will be facing next week on Smackdown. It probably won't be Mark Henry / Khali as he's already faced them. Who do ye think it'll be? Lesnar? Goldberg? Rodney Mack? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Chavo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Im guessing at Kane for some reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

gimmick wrote:
    Im guessing at Kane for some reason?

I THINK it might be as well, after all it's may 19th :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Chavo?

I think it will be Chavo because i read somewhere that Chavo will be involved in a somewhat controversial storyline thats could well be borderline disturbing. Chavo is my pick - he's quit Raw so i suppose he's free to go to SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

I read that Chavo rumour also, but it doesn't really make sense him attacking Rey (imo). I think it'll be Kane. Maybe somehow JBL will get Rey to say "May 19th" in the ring, next thing the pyros go off and out comes Kane!

Kane :mad:

Rey: :eek:

JBL: :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I'd like it to be Chavo because that would make a better story and since Rey is the worlds biggest jobber now, Chavo would get a great push and heel turn from him. Kane would be nice since next friday his movie comes out and Friday when smackdown is aired.

RVD420 wrote:
    I read that Chavo rumour also, but it doesn't really make sense him attacking Rey (imo). I think it'll be Kane. Maybe somehow JBL will get Rey to say "May 19th" in the ring, next thing the pyros go off and out comes Kane!

Kane :mad:

Rey: :eek:

JBL: :p

excellent smilage use :D but yes i did hear about the chavo rumour and i dont think he's coming until after the J.D ppv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ron Simmons is my first guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I always wanted Farooq to come back and kick JBL's ass after the way the APA split. I thought that would be a good fued

I never understood that. They made Bradshaw out to be the bad guy, just cos he wouldn't quit his job because his mate got fired. Farrooq was bein selfish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cookie dough 61

^^^ I agree with what both you guys said. If that makes sense...
    Back on topic, I like the Chavo idea, but its BOUND to be Kane. WWE are pushing this movie something awful....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I had a nasty thought - what if it were Chavo dressed up/similiar to Eddie?

Would WWE go that way - quite possible.
    What else is Chavo going to do now that he "quit"?
    What else could JBL do to "weaken" Rey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think it will be Chavo. After he loses the belt to JBL, thats the feud Rey will end up in I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Chavo to rey: "eddie helped you win the belt, but he wouldn't help me. so now i'm going to kick your ass" or something to that effect. as eddie's corpse turns faster and faster in its grave.

have to go with the kane thing for this week though. we'll all know on wednesday anyway. well, those of us without the patience to wait for friday night.

I FIND IT hard to believe that the guerrero family is ok with this. i felt comfortable when randy was saying eddie is in hell..... what way are they going to do this story line if it is chavo coming out, but i doupt chavo would be who jbl is inviting with the history between him and eddie.

i'm still betting on kane showing up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Spoiler: The mystery partner for Rey Mysterio on this weeks SmackDown! is expected to be Kane due to it being May 19th. That would mean he'll be traveling to the Tuesday TV taping.

That must be a misprint, right?

I don't get why so many people think Kane will be the mystery opponent when they're basing it purely on the night being May 19th. Are all these voices in his head because he's afraid to fight Rey or something? Surely May 19th has something to do with a thing that happened to Kane, or something that will happen, but not a match against Rey..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Yonks ago they were gonna call up Freakin Deacon to feud with Kane. Maybe he's the one doing all this? Just a thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Stalfos wrote:
    Spoiler: The mystery partner for Rey Mysterio on this weeks SmackDown! is expected to be Kane due to it being May 19th. That would mean he'll be traveling to the Tuesday TV taping.

That must be a misprint, right?
    why would it be a misprint?

Smackdown is generally recorded on Tuesdays if thats what you mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

true. which is why i stated above that you would be able to find out who the partner is/was on wednesday.
    smackdown airs here, then canada and then the u.s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

thought it was Canada on a thursday, then Friday for Ireland and the UK and the states

not that makes an ounce of difference

I think he means the "partner" bit. It's meant to be Rey's opponent, not partner

Oh yeah, possible
    on Unlimited last night, Vince got a call from JBL and he said he'd see him Friday. Sounds like it'll be a Raw guy facing Rey

Perhaps Rey Mysterios opponent next week is God - hes been getting booked a lot by WWE these days!:D

Perhaps Rey Mysterios opponent next week is God - hes been getting booked a lot by WWE these days!:D

:eek: goood lord, send the tripe that we've had to deal with on raw on to smackdown????? no no no, hell no.... would almost stop me from watching smackdown ever again, which is the way it's going at the moment..... damn orton come back all is forgiven :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Kane was on the Smackdown taping last night. No surprises there really. Question is, what role will he play at Judgement Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Its got to be kane on may 19th it has to be!!!!

:eek: goood lord, send the tripe that we've had to deal with on raw on to smackdown????? no no no, hell no.... would almost stop me from watching smackdown ever again, which is the way it's going at the moment..... damn orton come back all is forgiven :eek:

:D I was clearly taking the piss - there's no way they're actually gonna do the god thing again - (nor was i suggesting they should btw).

Its seems quite clear that its gonna be Kane. When you think about it, the whole storyline about Kane losing his mind over May 19th is actually a very effective way of making people remember when the film is released. I believe it was Jim Cornette who said that when you're promoting an event, you should mention the date as much as possible.

:D YAY FOR kane.

oh wait :eek: poor rey :(

kind of guessed kane would be showing up smackdown weeks ago... after smackdown this week was going to be on may 19th..... blatent way of promoting a movie.... oh well... although we now have the folks in the crowd chanting may 19th.... this movie better be good folks. some one let me know cause i aint going to see it....

• Advertisement

It's not being released over here yet. When/if it is, they'll have to do another "July 25th" storyline

Advertisement