Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Shares in Golf Club .Good or Bad

• 14-05-2006 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Can anyone tell me if buying shares membership in golf clubs is a good idea or not, and is there any good deals out there that are worth having a look at.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Poker & Pints

much disposable income.

It used to be good. I bought into a club when it was 5k and now it worth 15k....

If you love golf and will use the course a lot then its a great deal if you have that extra money sitting around. You have to remember that you could be making money off that golf membership,, even in a simple account.

There is an alternative, you could lease memberships from members who do not use theirs for whatever reason. You just pay the yearly fee and you get full member privs. But again you have to use that course...if it is not a nice course it may not be worth it. Personally, I sold mine because I like playing many different courses....you lose value if you don't play your course.

You never lose your money, you just loan it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

As in an investing plot or to have a say?

As an investment plot yes buying shares is a marvelous idea. Buying into a young new golf course can prove very profitable in years to come, as golf prices for entry increase every year.

AS for you being a member and owning a part its alos good, my club is owned by the members, and we are the ones who have say on everything, course design adjustments ,prices etc etc etc.

Or you could be one of those people who just buys membership from a public golf course and then go off playing everyone elses open days, i for one am not a fanof this idea, although it might be reasonable for those with little golf time or little income. I dont think it right you can just buy a gui handicapp and it is where all the bandits and prize robbers emerged from ,hence my long lieing resentment for this type of membership.

Advertisement